PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Hi all pipers, have a question and need your help. 3 monthes before i've met a pipe smoker, he was smoking kind if tobacco i couldnt recognize but smelled very wonderful. It was like toastes bread that little burnt (created those black pieces on the surface). i just want to know wich tobacco might be so i can proceed to buy it. It seems like davidoff blue mixture but with more toast smell.
Waiting for you help

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
If most folks are like me, they don't smell the room note of the blend they are smoking -- at least not in the same way that non-smokers do;

and in any event, you won't necessarily taste the burnt toast flavor that others smell in the air.
Your question does remind me, however, that PipesAndCigars.com's Capitol Stairs does have a French toast aroma which I find very pleasant.

I know, that's not even close to burnt toast, but I had to bring it up because it's so good. :puffy:

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
Perhaps if you put some bread in your pipe? Seriously though, it sounds like a burly blend. Good luck.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I find that bright Virginias have a yeasty fresh baked bread flavour but I'm not sure if it translates to the room note.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
I find that bright Virginias have a yeasty fresh baked bread flavour but I'm not sure if it translates to the room note.
I agree with ohin3 about the VAs. Maybe they are smoking some wicked good VA. Ask this person the next time you see them.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
If most folks are like me, they don't smell the room note of the blend they are smoking -- at least not in the same way that non-smokers do;

and in any event, you won't necessarily taste the burnt toast flavor that others smell in the air.
Yep I'm the same way. Taste is more important than room note. Room note can't make a bad tobacco taste better, and an unpleasant room note can't ruin the taste of a good tobacco.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I've been smoking around my wife for over 39 years, and she can't tell one tobacco from another (she's a nonsmoker) and has never complained. I smoke very few cased tobaccos (flavored), mostly English blends, Burleys and Virginia's, but she always says the tobacco smells sweet.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
When I want to add a bread or yeast note to a blend, I always use some plain red Virginia (not like McClelland's 5100 which is a Cavendish), so that may be what you noticed.
Russ

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
I get the occasional "bakery" aroma from C&D kajun kake. As blendtobac said, it's from the red Va. component.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Tnhanks for all of you experts
I don't think it is kind of burley, I smoke alot of burley based tobacco, OTC blends, but didn't notice the falvour and taste I mention.
I think Phil's suggestion is nearest to what I smelled. He is a very kind guy, chatted with him on FB, and advised me to try Fribourg and Treyer Cut Virginia Plug, going to put an order online next month (when receive the salary :laughat:) and try it.
hey hanymamdouh, iam not sure, iam thinking burley tobac, or a combo of straight virginia and burley mix. good luck to you sir.
Sir Mike, will you advise me some brand? mixing burley and red VA will be great and might be very near to the toasted bread smell, I think I had to let it dry a little bit to get the aroma.

Status
Not open for further replies.