Tobacco Packages Keep Getting Lost in the Post!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Arghhhhh so frustrating!

First a package from p&c and now a package from lazybugger.

I'm starting to think someone at my local post office likes pipes and is stealing them!
Big props to lazybugger on offering me a replacement but I've declined as I don't want to waste anymore of his tobacco.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I'm having the same problem trying to get a trade to Eric (taerin)

I thought it was just mine having problems

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Insurance or Signature confirmation lol.
Hate how theres no accountability unless you get insurance. :crazy:

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
True. That is a lesson learned when buying. When it's available. But I shan't force it upon the brothers of the briar when we do trades. Especially since most of us are broke!

It's just more frustrating wondering where these are ending up.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I'm going to insure all my packages from now one, had a couple already lost and 2 were lost comming to me. Insurance costs like a dollar and delivery confirmation costs 80 cents.
Chris is one standup guy! He's sending a third package even though the USPS lost the last two! I've told him not to bother but he keeps attempting to make it right anyway. I need to send the guy a card for the next holiday or something. He needs to start insuring his packages, make USPS pay every time one doesn't make it. I feel so bad I nearly lied and said it made it to get him to stop sending packages and wasting his baccy on USPS's bad delivery service! I have never heard of two packages being lost in a row, it's just rediculous! This is one horr story for the books.
I live in a nice area far from the city, which has had zero crime, I would seriously doubt anyone is stealing from mailboxes over here, besides I grab the mail the instant it comes most of the time now. I have always considered trading tobacco one of the most important elements in our community, which makes it a much more fun and friendly place to be and helps bring us together. Without it, I really wouldn't know what a Virginia is, I would still hate all aromatics, and the only thing I would smoke would be Frog Morton... Boy have you guys helped me progress!!!

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Haha yeah I guard my porch like a hawk waiting for the mailman every day!

Also this was not two packages in a row but more like 2 out of 5 in the past few months.

I know poop happens it's just a bummer. Especially when I know someone sent something out of the kindness of their heart and packed with care.
I will certainly be a maniac about insuring when sending things out from my end in the future.

Jan 8, 2013
I ordered some samples last week, about the same time I ordered a second pipe (I hear it's a good idea to let the pipe rest... thanks to this forum)I received the pipe three days ago, but haven't yet received the tobacco. I'm hoping I haven't fallen prey to the tobacco mail monster.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
If you had 2 or more packages "lost" in the last several Months, I would start looking at you Postal Delivery person in another light perhaps.
I know that if I have one package lost, "shit happens" but if another one went lost soon after, well then......

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
i am pretty sure we have have our mail stolen here from time to time , being semi rural its kinda ez to do , so have started asking for sigs and special delivery instructions , have lost tobacco , routers, fishing gear and a few other bits and pieces and it is not just our household it happens to ....our courier is more than happy to help out and deliver and its normal mail that goes missing as well so pretty sure its not him... sad to see this happens all over the world tho

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I had a package stolen from my door a month ago. A Christmas present for my brother, UPS left it at my door, I gave no instruction for that. Ironically it was a Bible, haha (Interlinear Bible, fairly pricey too)

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
@nsfisher the two packages Eric is referring to are from me, within about a week and a half of each other

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
if your postman hangs a nice Peterson from his lips, that's your first clue...... :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.