PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2014
I hope this is the right place to do this. Back in college, which would have been, for our purposes '08 - '09, I smoked this brand of tobacco that didn't come in a tin, rather it came in a kind of aluminum-tin bag. It was kind of baby blue and white checker patterned and it may or may not have had a boat or some other sort of maritime theme. Its name has been lost to the ages, but I was interested in trying to pick up some more. I've been poking around some stores, and Google really hasn't helped that much.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Nov 6, 2014
No, that's not it. I would wager a guess to say that it's a rather old brand, I got it because a bunch of old people said that they knew it from its packaging.
It came in a bag. Of that much, I am 100% certain.
Thanks.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Welcome to the forum! Did your pouch look like this?
003-537-0006.jpg

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Could it perhaps have been this?:
3star.jpg

If not, then please provide more information including:

1. A description of the blend:

1a. Taste

1b. Types of tobaccos it contained

1c. Cut of tobacco

2. Where you purchased it:

2a. Drugstore

2b. Tobacconist:

2b1. Name and location of the tobacconist

2c. On-line

2d. Other

3. Any other information which you can think of that would help us to identify it.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Do you remember the UPC number?

Maybe you could sketch us the bar code?

What were you wearing when you bought your last pouch?

Do cats really see in black and white?

What are the best months for eating oysters?

Do you have any six's?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Hunter, I told you, I'm mystified by the whole thing. Unlike Peck, nobody has actually told me that they prefer me. And...prefer over what?
All that I can do is hum this little ditty to myself and ask this deep questions....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MN1vXO5JeI

Nov 6, 2014
1. A description of the blend:

1a. Taste

1b. Types of tobaccos it contained

1c. Cut of tobacco

2. Where you purchased it:

2a. Drugstore

2b. Tobacconist:

2b1. Name and location of the tobacconist

2c. On-line

2d. Other

3. Any other information which you can think of that would help us to identify it.
So I really can't speak to flavor, I'm coming back to my pipes after about 4 years. But it was not fruity or any of that mess, it was just a very light tobacco.
This was not a tobacco store tobacco, it was purchased online.
Is there a cut that's like ribbon that's been cut up into squares? If not it was a ribbon. Let's just go with ribbon.
November is the best time to eat oysters. But really you can eat them any time that's not a summer month, because that's when they reproduce:
“Oysters, like all men, are somewhat weaker after they have done their best at reproducing.” —M.F.K. Fisher.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Hey I'm a preferred member too... can I weigh in on absolutely not answering this guys question at all?
Back in college, which would have been, for our purposes '08 - '09

Was this 1908? because seriously if you went to college 5 years ago and can't remember... you think us old farts are going to be able to help you?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Sparks, good observation. When my work load rises, my sense of humor drops like a rock. Been busy lately. And I have that bug that's going around, it morphed into a sinus thing and strangled off the satire section of my brain.
FWIW, I remember exactly what I was smoking in college, which is why I can't remeber much about college.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
chondromalasia:
After thinking about it some, your original description of the pouch brought to mind those produced by Middleton. Could it have been Kentucky Club (it's the pouch shown at the bottom-right-hand side of the image below)?
6672131.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Was it a tobacco called Butt Plug? That comes wrapped in a rather attractive tin foil doily and is often smoked by gentlemen with large mustaches and leather chaps!

Nov 6, 2014
Thanks for all the wonderful help guys. But we're still falling short.
Was this 1908? because seriously if you went to college 5 years ago and can't remember... you think us old farts are going to be able to help you?
Yeah I mean, I can't remember, but I figured somebody might know the brand. Guess I hoped for too much from such a distinguished group of gentlemen.
As far as the Middleton pouches are concerned, that's not the brand. But the pouches, I think, are made of the same material. One of the things I'm concerned may have happened is that they rebranded in the times since.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
mTHJo5o5pQa5quasGwcCc9w.jpg

???

Went out of production in 08.
Drum-Mild-Rolling-Tobacco.jpg

AmphoraMild.gif

Also if you were ordering it online packaging can be very different, like in the UK they get Gwaith & Hoggarth in pouches but we get them in tins here.

Status
Not open for further replies.