PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
I was reading in an earlier thread and somebody mentioned something about tobacco designed specifically for cobs and that some do better in cobs. Although they didn't name the tobaccos. Does anyone know their names? I've tries googling pipe ttobacco for cobs and got nothing

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I find many tonacco types that do well in cobs. I smoke flakes, ribbon cut, cube cut, ect. Be it a VA, a balkan, anything, it all does well for me when smoking a cob. I do designate my cobs though just as I do my briars.

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
Thanks Redbeard but in the post I was reading it sounded like this was specifically marketed towards cobs...like it would only taste good in a cob but horrible in a briar :/

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The Missouri Meershaum blends, available at P&C, were created by Russ Ouelette to accentuate the natural sweetness of a corncob, but can be smoked in any pipe just as well.

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
Thanks chasing embers thats what I was womdering. So do I just google Missouri meerschaum blends? Sorry for sounding dumb I'd just never heard of that blend before and i haven't been smoking long and all I have is a cob so it peeked my interest

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Missouri Meershaum blends were designed to be extra tasty in a cob.
Get some!

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
chasingembers and zekest have steered you to the blends mentioned in the other thread (I participated in that thread, but I cannot remember which it was). I have heard particularly good things about the American Patriot blend.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I like mccelland 5100 redcake in my cob particularly, although i think every tobacco i have has been put through a cob enjoyably at some point...

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Do you even smoke a pipe? It's not difficult, you people think way to much into it.

I'm sorry but what am I missing here? What is crude or rude about the comment??

Please enlighten me....

Is everyone's skin getting paper thin? My God Man.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Beefeater, its just easier for a new pipe smoker to ask questions if they feel like this is the kind of place where you can do that...
isaac

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Yes, this is the place to get all the answers. We are a helpful and kindhearted group here. But there comes a time in every mans life, when he must put that "blend" of tobacco in his "pipe" and smoke it...... its a learning curve really, just do it. Remember the old salts on the ships of yore.... they didn't google, or yahoo or whatever. They smoked a pipe. They did not have time to sit around and debate the nuances of the figgy perique or the soft vanilla notes.. Its not a complicated hobby, read all you can, and don't be afraid to put the wrong 'baccy in the wrong pipe... there are no rules...... :D

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Getting back to topic, I happened to have posted, just a few minutes ago, the information Paranoid Piper requested originally.
Russ Oullette designed these blends for the Missouri Meerschaum label:
Missouri Pride is a classic American burley blend with broken flakes mixed with ribbon. This is my favorite burley blend, one that I can smoke all day.
Pax

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
We will not tolerate discouraging any member from asking any questions that pertains to the subject of the site. It doesn't matter if the question has been answered a million times before, it will still be treated as if we've never seen it. One thing I find helpful, as a "grizzled veteran", is linking to old threads that have bearing on the question being asked. You can never have too much information.
^ From the forum rules. The way mmjk phrased his response was not helpful and bordered on rude if you ask me. When something is in print there is little else to help decipher someone's intent. There is a time to simply smoke it and see but people often ask before placing an order, nothing wrong with getting some advice. Especially when there are hundreds of blends to try.
Isn't there one codger blend people say absolutely shines in cobs? I thought it was Carter Hall but I may be remembering incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.