PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnpiper

Lurker
May 31, 2018
I came across a fellow pipe smoker named Andrew, out of Hungary, who is attempting to put together a tobacco flavor wheel that will be comprised of input from pipe smokers. He has a brief online survey and last I saw, about 60 have responded. He would like to get to at least 150 and then plans to make the data available to the public at no charge. There's no cost to participate and you do not have to provide any personal information. I am not involved with this project, but would be very intrigued to see the results. If you are interested in knowing more, here is the link -
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScUl868YA1G_0--rYz8bh9wEdMyTgC2Fanxzlbry802_ScnCQ/viewform

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've seen these flavor wheels done for coffees and it is an interesting exercise. The wheels are hypnotic to study, trying to decide if the gradations correspond to your own tasting experience. However, I must say, when it comes to actually selecting blends, I tend to trust specs on the source of contents, strength, and other basic info, more than where a blend fits on the wheel. Three blends may have an incremental relationship on a taste characteristic, but they may be of such disparate quality that those relationships don't mean much. I admit I can stare at those wheels for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.