PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
Do you have one? if so how much? Mine is $360.00 a year for that I get 6# delivered of which I'll smoke about 5# and carry over the rest.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I dont have a set budget per say, Im lucky enough to have enough of a cellar to not run out waiting on sales though. I get the emails from all the sponsors weekly looking for deals. The P&C Calender shows all the deals for months of the year. When I get that I base all my big orders around that really. Wait till its on sale and then order enough for free shipping.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
If it's just tobacco, I spend about $100 to $200 a year on smokes. I smoke maybe once a day, twice at most. So I don't need much of a budget for it.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
Right now, I'm in full cellaring mode, so my budget is around 2000$-3000$. I want to get a good foundation before we see 2014, but after that, it will drop dramatically to around 1200$, But trying to predict how much money I will be able to spare in years to come is very hard.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I have no set budget, but I try to order at least once a month as I build my cellar. I will take advantage of sales when they appear, but being up north means paying for shipping on every order regardless of quantity. So I have to balance the orders a bit to make sure it's worth the shipping charges.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I probably spend around $100 bi-monthly to get free shipping and in combination of some sale or other. So far that's left me with a decent amount of leftovers. I'm hoping to restore some pipes and use those profits to pad the cellar with some of my favorite tins and stock up. Other than that I seem to have plenty of bulk in jars.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
I'd be lucky to push $60 a month, I'm sure that will increase someday though - dare to dream. I'm a broken record on here, but I just can't get over the duties they charge for tobacco in Canada. I think I might have to become a crooked customs agent and start smuggling for my compatriots. 8)

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Not really any budget, I get what I can When I can, some months are better then others. I make sure I won't run out anytime soon though. :puffy:

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Admittedly, the amount of a budget is less meaningful than the percentage of ones earnings. I, for one, after paying rent and other monthly bills, set aside 25% for smoking and drinking. Often times this goes to a bottle of Scotch with some left over, or I may go over budget with a nicer pipe, but I'll say I don't really run into trouble ever not having enough to smoke, smoke with, drink, or drink from!

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I buy a few tins every couple months or so, but I've been buying more than I smoke so I'm very slowly building a mini-cellar. I just make a $60 or so order when I feel I can afford it and have enough things I want to try or restock. No planning or order to it beyond that.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Its my lowest priority. Probably $40 a month if i broke it up. I tend to just make random purchases when the mood hits. I try a few new things and get some cellar stock.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
100 a month, mostly bulk. I smoke about half and cellar the other. I can afford more but I have saving accounts for retirement and a house and a "oh shit" fund as well as 2-300 a month to play with stocks. So my money is spread pretty thin.

lockdown199

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 28, 2013
I'm kind of new at this so I have no budget so to say, I'm just trying new things here and there.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
No method to my madness! I never really thought much about it until this thread. I figure I smoke between 1.5 to 3oz. a week of various blends in widely differing price ranges. My best guess is between $300 to $400 a year, give or take.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I try to stay close to $125 a month. That's for 'Baccy, supplies, and the occasional Pipe(s).

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
My budget is about 60bucks a month on auction cigars and $100 every other month at pipes and cigars.. toss in $20 or so for my local shops a month

Status
Not open for further replies.