PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
What happens when you keep different tobaccos in the same container?

In weeks past when my Luxury Bullseye Flake arrived I was a little short on containers, so I just threw it in with the bulk Perique. Perique being an ingredient in LBF already I figured it couldn't hurt, and might actually make things better. Then when the Luxury Twist flake arrived, I figured since it has no Perique, and I like Perique blends, and I liked LTF more than LBF, I threw it in there too. Just tonight after reading a few more reviews and confirming my (less than enthused) opinion of Full Virginia Flake, I've dumped the remainder of my tin of FVF in there too. Now that I have more jars though...
Is it worthwhile storing things in a jar with bulk Perique, but never smoking the Perique?

Someone didn't like FVF? Weird. It should be sent directly to me for examination. :wink:
I'd be surprised if the perique flavored anything by just laying next to it, but weirder things have been reported. More than likely, the Twist Flake will impart a little of the vanilla casing flavor to the others.

Jan 8, 2013
I wouldn't mix, but that's just me.
I love FVF, it just has to be prepped right. You have to let it dry completely. Overnight works best, and rub it out really well.

Mar 1, 2014
-cosmicfolklore
More than likely, the Twist Flake will impart a little of the vanilla casing flavor to the others.
Hopefully. I've stuck a few coins of Escudo in a tin of Nording Labrador as well, if it works that should just be layering awesome on top of awesome.
The deal with FVF is it isn't St. James flake, I know not liking something because it isn't something else is not quite fair, but I was hoping they contained the same Virginia and that FVF would be just like St. James, but without the spice. It seems that the base tobacco in SJF is either significantly different or Perique adds a lot more than just spice.

Checking the reviews again the overall impression I got is that FVF actually isn't overly sweet, which is still a main attraction for me so I figured if I was never going to like FVF as much as SJF then I may as well try something different with it.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I'm all for experiments but I would use portions of the tobacco maybe 1oz of each to do that I wouldn't risk all of my stock with fear of an end result I wouldn't be happy with. I have a big jar labeled cob fuel and whenever I have less then a bowl full left on a jar or Tin I dump it on the cob fuel jar once it's full I will smoke that for an experiment in a cob ofcourse lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.