PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
we are at war with second and now 3rd hand smoke... but pot is legal? smoking bans in California....but pot is legal? I could not care less about pot. I don't use it, nor do i begrudge anyone who chooses to do so. I just don't need to be around it...mostly becasue I'd get fired... I don't subject anyone to my "second hand" smoke including my family. I don't smoke where I am not allowed. I just want to be left alone. So stock up boys..and girls...if it isn't irradicated entirely the price will be so high that we will soon be broke trying to enjoy our HOBBY...not habit. Colorado stands to make $100 Million from pot alone... don't think our legislators won't see those dollar signs and start ratcheting up the taxes on tobacco...and not just cigarettes... They know where the true money lies...cigars and pipes. You don't see guys in ties running cigarette forums do you?

-building my cellar for the Tobaccalypse.

Jan 8, 2013
Wow, what a mess. This is getting out of hand. Thirdhand? Really? Guess my goal for this year needs to be getting my cellar stocked fast.

mrdottle

Lurker
Jan 13, 2014
I am waiting for someone or research group to announce the dreaded fourth hand smoke. As noted in the article, CVS is discontinuing tobacco sales. This prompted a cartoonist in the Chicago Tribune to show CVS and other drug stores that may follow suit the folly of their health concerns for their customers and the general public at large.
The cartoon pictured the front of a CVS drug store with the below sign in the window.
For SALE!
Tobacco

Sugary soft drinks

Junk Food

Scam Vitamin Supplements

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Our freedom(s) are being trampled by the will of the majority.

So much for the high-sounding rhetoric of this country's foundational documents.

Jan 8, 2013
Here in WA, they banned having tobacco shipped to your house, you pretty much cant smoke anywhere public, they are trying to invoke a 75% sales tax on the supposedly healthy ecigs, and legalized pot. Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture.
Sure looks to me like they just want to make more money off of the people.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I see it as merely symptomatic of the much larger issue of where our head is at, as a species. And it doesn't give me a lot of hope.

Good article Fred :clap: Particularly the link to the thesis regarding Prohibition's failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.