PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I'm starting to see the light on tins. :) I've been smoking some Moontrance in a tin and really enjoy it. So my question is, what tins are like:
1Q

Hobbits Weed

Boswells Berry Cobbler

Lane BCA
I think in my tobacco stock up, i want to have a goodly amount of tins. :)

Jul 15, 2011
While I cant give you any exact matches for a lot of those blends, I can help point you in the right direction. It sounds from your choices that you are pretty fond of aromatics, and there are some good tinned aromatics to be had. MacBarens 7 Seas Line is an excellent choice and they are light on the wallet. Peterson aromatics are a little more expensive but are top notch as well. As far as a Lane BCA match, there are a few different companies that make tinned all Black Cavendish blends such as Hearth and Home and Sutliff Private Stock. You should also do yourself a favor and pick up a tin of Cornell and Diehl Autumn Evening. Virginia Cavendish with a heavy dose of maple, makes the whole house smell like pancakes.

Aug 1, 2012
I buy most of my aros in bulk and my English and VA in tins. I don't have a good match for you but the McClelland Holiday Spirit is an amazing aromatic if you can find it. For other good tinned aromatics, I've heard good things about the P&C Brigadier Black tobaccos.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Try the Brigadier Black tobaccos, I found the Bull Run very good and have heard good reviews of the rest of the line also http://pipesandcigars.com/tinpitosabrb.html#.UQ2d_vJZO70

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
So she'd the light on me...what's wrong with buying those is bulk???
From what I understand, the quality of the tobacco is very good. I know this sounds silly but I also like the form factor. This entire weekend I've been carrying around a tin of Moontrance. BTW, I never seen anything was wrong with buying bulk. Because one thing is good doesn't mean the other thing is bad - it just means that 2 things are good. Being a new guy, I just didnt get it but now I'm starting to. As for me, I am going to have a healthy supply of bulk in my Mason Jars and a healthy supply of tins.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Just read a great article on this subject, Bulk is exposed to more air and tins have additional fermentation. But essentially the quality is the same. Also, the blenders have more control over the ultimate product when packaged in tins vs bulk.
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/put-that-in-your-pipe/packaging-a-tobacco-companys-dilemma/

rev413

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks for the info guys, I was about to ask this question myself...

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
rothnh:
A for instance: There was a big rush on Black House recently. Some (I'm assuming those who got theirs before it went out-of-stock last month) complained that their BH was rather dry. I got mine, finally, in January, and my 4 ounces was fresh, in good shape and the perfect moisture.
I just got mine about a week ago. I am going to smoke some tonight, so I took my jar out to see if it needed to dry while I ate dinner. From what I can see it is ready to go out of the jar. So even though I got mine recently, it is pretty dry compared to other tobaccos I have.
:|

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
hey Pipe Novelist: I did but I dont have anything from you. I for sure am having problems with my inbox. Can you resend please?

Status
Not open for further replies.