PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
You may remember my post about the Stanwell 2010 Pipe of the Year that I dropped and broke. Thanks to some members here, I found out about Tim West Pipe Repair. I sent the pipe off to him not sure of the repair cost and enclosed a note for him to call or email me with a price. I opened the mail box today and there was a box. I knew it was the pipe, I wasn't expecting anything else. I thought, it must not could have been repaired because I haven't got a call or email with a price so, I quess they just sent it back. When I opened the box I couldn't believe it. IT WAS FIXED! Inside was a bill for $26.10. I just paid using paypal. I can't thank him enough. In my opinion Tim West is a stand up guy.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
@ dgerwin11. I was working out of town last week. But, I finally got a laptop so I could see what's going on. Just haven't been commenting alot lately. Nice to be missed though. :)

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
j..Why not send the Boswell back to Boswell? beat by a half minute. Wasn't Tim at the Kaywoodie party in Dec.? I wonder if he'll be at the Newark show Sat.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I emailed them several times, I think they may have a problem with computer literacy because I have gotten some very strange responses back. I never really thought about calling them until right now, as I am writing this post haha. Worth a try, I am very close to their shop

excessenergy

Lurker
Nov 6, 2013
I've been buying Tim West's pipes for years and more recently dealing with him as to pricing on pipe auctions and pipe repairs. I have to say he is one of the best guys that I've ever done business with. Not only are all of the pipes I have from him excellent, but he is a very good person to do business with generally, always helpful, informative, cheerful and very reasonable on pricing. I have come to think of him as a sort of national treasure for pipe smokers.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Tim is the best! Several years ago he completed a very delicate restoration for me that several other highly regarded restorers declined as being too difficult. His work was flawless and he was a delight through the whole process. I can't recommend Tim highly enough. I also own a couple of his pipes and they are a wonderful smoke.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I had a McCranies pipe redone by Tim with a new stem. The work he did was outstanding including recreating the logo on the stem.
I'm hoping to send a few old Petersons his way in the near future for a refurb.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Tim is yet another example of the caliber of people on all sides of this industry. He was gracious enough to spend over an hour talking with me about pipe making and repairing, answering many questions and was quickly like talking with an old friend. I wanted to order all kind of parts and some briar for future use in my shop and most of the time I just said "whatever you think Tim." He lives about three hours away and invited me up for some bowls and check out the shop. In a couple days I received a box full of all kinds of stems, briar, delrin, bits etc. I've rebuilt a few broken estates into good smokers with advice from him. As I continue to reset my mind from computer code, to my young years of cabinet making, he set me up with an array of possibilities.
So there's another reason Tim rocks.
Craig

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Tim West is a nice guy and a great pipe repairmen,he has done work for me as well on my Charatan pipes.He is located in Columbus Ohio 1588 Grayling Ct. zip 43235-5950 PHONE (614) 761-3465.
Mike.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Tim West is a prince, a heck of a talented pipe maker and has everything needed for pipe repair and the do it yourself pipe maker and repairer. I highly recommend him and his operation jhlowe.com. Dealt with him online, by phone and had some nice conversations at NASPC over the years.
Mike S.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I would love to see before and after pictures if you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.