PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
My bride and I are in Wilmington NC for a wedding -- and we have cleverly planned to pack a one-day wedding into five-day weekend.
Tomorrow we're heading out early, tracking south, letting her do some thrifting in Southport, and ending up later on in Little River SC, home of smokingpipes.com's B&M, Low Country Pipe and Cigar.
Yeah.
I'm a bit excited.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Had a great visit. Dave and Kelly could not have been more pleasant or helpful. The shop is huge, comfortable and organized. The ability to try out any of the bulk tobaccos -- and any of the many, many already opened tins -- is a real benefit.
It is just amazing to see the array of pipes and tobaccos there. No regular B&M could ever afford to keep a stock like this, but since it is just the tip of the smokingpipes.com iceberg, they have everything you could imagine.
I didn't end up buying a briar -- I'm good for those right now -- but did buy a could of MM cobs to try different tobaccos in and bought a goodly amount of tobacco including C&D Buzantium (amazing) C&D Bayou Night (saving for my Perique pipe) and -- finally -- Lane 1Q. I'm not an aro smoker, but I have to admit, this stuff is tasty.
It's probably a good thing I do not live in the area -- the cost of living is much less than Miami, and yet somehow I think I'd be broke in a year.
If you get with 50 or 100 miles of the place, you owe yourself a visit.
LowCountry.jpg

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Oh how I wish there was a similar B&m close buy in southern Arizona/Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.