PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
At the recommendation of several here, I ordered three tins some days ago from P&C that got here today. They were Louisiana Red, Escudo and HH Vintage Syrian. I must say all three were good, especially the first two and will be in my top five list of those to relish. I'm not sure about the HH yet-I'll have to smoke a bit more of it. At 100g I think that may take awhile.
I'm definitely going to reorder some more of the Louisiana Red and Escudo as they are almost as good as Autumn Evening, my current favorite, just without the maple flavor. I could detect the Perique in Escudo and LR and liked it quite a bit. I may mix a little of them with Autumn Evening to see how they appeal to my senses...what the heck-why not?

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Hey colcolt, since you just smoked these two tobaccos, how would you compare them? I love Escudo and I was thinking about picking up a tin of Louisiana Red.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I liked them both with maybe a slight edge toward Louisiana Red but I won't pronounce better over Escudo until I smoke both a little more. Both are wonderful, IMHO, and I look forward to getting more. They remind me of Autumn Evening, as I mentioned, without the maple syrup. :) I would definitely try the LR. I don't' think you'd be disappointed at all.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Lousiana Red has probably the best tin note of any blend I've ever smelled! It's more mellow than Escudo, but I like the coin cut of Escudo and the manly punch it gives, sometimes. Get both, they're worth it!

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I have to agree with the Baron about the tin note of Louisiana Red, and the stuff looks absolutely gorgeous too. I smoke it in a Dublin so half way through the that cone shaped bowl, those flavors are really coming out. Yes Santa Claus, there is a Virginia!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Reichenbach:
Baron is right on. LR is milder, sweeter and a great tin note. Escudo has more oomph to it, higher on the Perique if I had to bet on it. Can't go wrong with either one.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
colcolt, here are a few of my favorite perique blends you might want to try. Samuel Gawith St James Flake, Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye flake and Reiner Long Golden flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.