PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Here are 3 old estates one of the guys at pipe club asked me to restore for him. The first two pics are the before. These were really rough faded, worn, lots of nicks, and grime inside and out, but after some sanding, staining, reaming, and waxing they came out pretty good. All three have been given new life and are ready to smoke.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah the little bulldog had some kind of coating on the briar, not wax, not sure what it was. I sanded it all off and the briar had a nice dark hue. That one I didn't stain, that is just the natural color under Carnuaba wax.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Nice work, and, like everyone else, I really like the bulldog. It is hard to believe that you did not use any stain. What a great color.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks guys, I did these for deepaouthrick and I think he got to smoke each one at pipe club and re-break them in. And he paid me in Escudo. A big win win.

I love that bulldog. I don't know what it is. At first I hated the machined look of them, too clean, too symmetrical, that perfect groove around the rim. But, once I discovered how deceptively deep the bowls are on them, they've grown on me. Now, I get excited, noting all of the differences between the bulldog shapes, and those cool stems.
Congrats, you did an excellent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.