Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My son has the Peterson Dracula and the Peterson Jekyll & Hyde. He loves them and smokes them all the time. He's a big fan of the classic monster movies.
If you like it, buy it.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I picked up a 69 Dracula a couple years ago at SPC estates. It was one of those pipes that stood out to me when I first started piping. My tastes have changed over the few years that Ive been buying pipes and tobacco and it is definitely not something that Id buy now. I smoke GLP Sixpence out it exclusively and its featured in my avatar as well. Good luck! If you like it, buy it.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I have two 999s, a smooth and a sandblast. I love the look of these pipes, and they are both great "smokers," as are all my Peterson pipes.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I have a bent Dracula 03. It smokes okay, but I don't like the high drilling on the shank. Reminds me of a System pipe. I don't know if this is normal or just poor QC that Peterson has. Can't comment on the drilling on the straight pipes. Would be great if Savinelli put out a Dracula pipe. Their drilling is spot on and will pass the PC test with no problem.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I have 5 of the Drac series; indeed, my introduction to pipe smoking and Peterson, about six years ago, was with a Drac. I have two sandblasted 107s, two sandblasted 106s, and a 221. (I tend to get duplicates as a backup for a favorite factory billiard). Good luck finding these, they're quite hard to find, but the X105 (do I have that model right?) can be had. I obviously rank these among my favorites and it's a rare day when one of them isn't pressed into service for a great smoke. The smooth versions are simply not to be found--I've been searching for years. Much easier to find if you like the X105 or some of the bent ones. Good luck!--and let me know how you do, if you'd like. (The pic below is one of my sandblasted 107s, with a great circular wood pattern sandblast and intact sheen.)

img_1243-600x345.jpg

Reactions: radrick96

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
The drilling on mine is like a system but it’s a little off to the right of the shank making it hard to pass a cleaner. Though I’ve learned that if I twist a tapered cleaner it will go down.

Mar 5, 2019
Pipes and cigars is having a sale on all Peterson’s. Just picked up the last 999. Gonna fire it up tonight! I’ll send some feedback!

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
I have a Dracula that I used exclusively for smoking Nosferatu blend from that place in Colorado famous for Cherry blend that closed down a while back (Been out of the pipe loop for a couple years and my memory is still coming back...) No complaints with the Drac though!
ETA: Tewksbury!

Status
Not open for further replies.