PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stavi

Lurker
Dec 1, 2012
My brother smokes tobacco pipes and I was thinking of getting him one for Christmas. I'm looking at the Savinelli Trevi Smooth Pipe #607. I know nothing about pipes and was wondering what you guys think of this pipe? TIA
41n1JCEhEzL._SS500_.jpg

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Knowing nothing about his particular tastes makes this kind of difficult to comment on. That being said, as far as quality goes, it is nearly impossible to beat savinelli for the price, in my humble opinion. Aesthically it's hard to say what a random person will like, as far as smoking quality goes I'm certain he would be happy. Plus "gift" pipes have a special place in the rack of every smoker who's received one...in other words I'm sure he will be thrilled.
Gary

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Look at his other pipes and see if this one looks like his others. If he only smokes long pipes or corn cobs he's

Not going to want this. If he has others that look the same or a wide variety then I'm sure he would love that pipe, it looks very nice and I know I want it :p

stavi

Lurker
Dec 1, 2012
Thanks for the comments. I would take a peak at what he has, but I live 5 hours from him and won't be seeing him until Christmas...
Aesthetically I'm not sure what he likes, but I thought this one was pretty stylish. I think he'll dig the looks of it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Ditto on what everybody else says about Savinelli's quality. The bent pipe might be a welcomed addition for those

occasions when he needs to smoke hands-free because that shape provides the leverage needed for jaw clenching.

Besides, even if he doesn't tend to smoke that style, he just might discover something in a pipe he wouldn't

ordinarily buy on his own. Good choice. :clap:

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Buying pipes for people is a bit like buying clothes for them. The quality may be there, but it is difficult to predict individual preferences.
I think it would be a wonderful gift. He may like it just because it came from his brother.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
a pipe is a very personal thing,
I agree... but that in itself makes it even more personal, the fact that it is being given by a loved one.

I have 2 pipes that were gifted to me over the years, one by my wife and the second by my best friend... both pipes are very dear to me, not because they are great pipes (which they are) but because they took the time to choose something they thought I would love, the sentiment behind it means more to me than the pipe itself (of course its easy to say when they really are my 2 nicer pipes LOL )
Now mind you I dont have a collection like some of you guys here... my measly 17 pipes cant compare to the dozens that some of you have... but I cant imagine that even with 100 pipes, I would always remember most the pipes that have been gifted... but I could be wrong as I dont have more than the 17 :D

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
I'm sure your brother will be to excited about getting a pipe as a present to worry much over whether or not the pipe is "his style". After all it really is the thought that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.