PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Yep. Those rascals. They sent me en email today offering a buy three and get one free deal on Dunhill tins. The Mr. Spock side of my brain immediately spoke up and made a strong argument that the P&C gang were shamelessly tempting me by using the looming extinction of Dunhill blends as bait. Logically, I should see the trap and avoid it. As my finger reached for the delete button, my inner Dr. McCoy shouted, "Are you out of your Vulcan mind? Logic! My God, the man's talking about logic! We're talking about tobacco Armageddon!" Needless to say, Dr. McCoy carried the day. Oh, my aching wallet! On the upside, my cellar plan for a lifetime of Dunhill blends has been met. :D
Cheers,
Chili

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
No aficionado of Dunhill blends can resist that kind of bargain.

If you buy enough to get free shipping it doesn't get any better than that.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Yup they got me too. Took advantage to buy some Dunhill Flake.
I also used the 10% XMAS17 code for some other tobacco's.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Well just hope you aren't a red shirt when your wife sees the bill...
Captain this credit card has given all she can, you can not break the laws of physics!
Ain't it so, fellas!
I also have two other big boxes en route. It's gonna be a smoky Christmas! :rofl:
Cheers,
Chili

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
cigrmaster : brilliant, I am positive you would make a lot of money on that...big baller, you trying to outdo your buddy peck's cellar

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Open one when they arrive, age one for a year, and age the others for at least three. You'll be patting yourself on the back for years to come. As long as you're not renting a storage unit for your cellar, you'll probably do okay. I don't buy pounds at a time, since the blends they do accumulate on their own. No need to overdo.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
They have a 3 for price of 2 on Home and Hearth tins too. Put 3 in the cart, add the Dec17 discount code and one tin is free.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Cigrmaster : you and the peck are my kind of guys . His cellar is public info , i could make a run at it . I bought 150 lbs in 18 months . I’d keep going but my wife is really aggravated, mostly from the dollars on pipes. I am an equity portfolio manager during the day. I DO believe in the investment value of tobacco. Different tax schemes, less availability, aging value, general price inflation and your estimate is a base case for me, blue sky potential . Tobacco is a home run idea.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
th

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I was going to make a purchase, but the wife caught me and put a stop to it. Something about a house payment, other bills, Christmas presents for the kids etc. etc., so no tobacco for me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.