PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ever wonder how those bone-white Nording signature freehands age? They mellow into a dark walnut color and the signature still shows. I only have two freehands, the Nording and a larger deeper Johs with plateau on the brim and shank. But the Nording, like most Nordings, is a well made pipe and improves with age in terms of color and smoking too. It's also light weight and a good clencher.

Jan 8, 2013
My Nording signature was the first Nording, and one of my earliest pipes. It began my love affair with Nording pipes. Mine has colored wonderfully. I will try to get photos up later.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sorry about my lack of visual capabilities (no photos). I've spent some time working through the various instructions for depositing photos in a server (nomenclature?) and retrieving them into a post, which clearly works like a charm for most members. I won't recite my whole sad story of dysfunctional computer use, though I used one at work and later and home for years, but always with much trouble. Some day I may fiddle with the instructions again and become a fountain of graphics -- my Jerry Perry pipes, my Savs, my Petes, my bent stems, my straight stems, my first five pipes, my bulldogs, my billiards ... hopefully in various posts over time and not all at once. Apologies.
Has anyone ever heard of a Decmate? Instead of training us on Microsoft or Apple, that was what we had at work for years. Then on Microsoft when we needed Apple for what was then called "desktop publishing" for graphics and such. Then when I bought a computer for home, I got ripped off by one of the large hardware retail companies and several state attorney generals had to recoup consumer's money in a class action suit. After such effective aversion therapy, being in a room with a computer without breaking into hives is one of my life's victories.

Status
Not open for further replies.