PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
Got an online order in this weekend with some new tins. I really like the Peterson Irish Whiskey so far. Picked the Churchwarden up at Edward's in Tampa and the Karl Erik up from Bennington's in Sarasota.
20110515Acq.jpg

KarlErik01.jpg

Wes

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Hey Janko....Welcome to the Forum...You will fit right in here...Looks like you pulled off a successful raid of the candystore....Well done!.... :clap:

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
just hit those two places myself recently, and took a karl erik from sarasota. nice gits. enjoy.

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
Excellent finds. Really envious of you guys right now cuz I have a bad cold and can't smoke for the past few days and its not looking good for me today either. :cry:

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
Gotta take what I say with a grain of salt since I am pretty new to pipe smoking. I completely agree with this statement though:

This is one blend that tastes like it smells.

It was not too strong when I opened it, I thought it didn't have much "odor" at all. It has a LOT less smell than other blends I have. When I lit the pipe though it had a lot of flavor, it tastes stronger than then smell, whereas most stuff I have smoked so far tasted less strong than the smell of the tobacco.
It packs well and burns beautifully all the way to the bottom and it doesn't leave any residue in the stem.

I did not find the above to be true, but probably because everything I smoke gets wet and noisy. I have not mastered the art of keeping a dry pipe.
I am going to have to try and find some more of this online though since that was the only tin Bennington's had.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I did not find the above to be true, but probably because everything I smoke gets wet and noisy. I have not mastered the art of keeping a dry pipe.

Let the baccy dry until a pinch of it no longer sticks together, and when you hear gurgles, ram a pipe cleaner down there to get any excess moisture.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
The star rating is a weird thing, if you go back and edit your review it resets the Star ratings you gave. So if you don't notice it, after you push submit, you can't go back at change it!

Status
Not open for further replies.