PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peterson-Red-Killarney-68-Full-Bent-Tobacco-Smoking-Pipe-P-Lip-Mouthpiece-3034K-/221407281771?hash=item338ce7026b:g:mGsAAOxyUgtTOrva

Mar 30, 2014
wv
That usually means it's out of stock. I guess it's easier to just change the price than to remake the entire listing.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
After looking over the seller's ratings, I'd steer clear of that one even in fair weather. Pretty flaky.
Ran across this listing not long ago. Not quite as outrageous, but still....
grabow_zps5u5rjpgl.jpg

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
My question was meant to sound tongue-in-cheek. Yeah the two already sold, gives it away, that it's either a typo or just laziness.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I suspect it's a phishing expedition, and if caught, the seller says, oh, oops, sorry ... just a typo. Every month or two a drunk dot-com millionaire buys one of these at any price, and is too ashamed to contest the sale. Otherwise I think it would be contested and corrected within a day. You know the sellers "check their trout lines" regularly.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
That usually means it's out of stock.
Winner - Someone posted one of their pipes last week and I started nosing around there auctions and it looks like that's is what they do. Jack up the price until they have one back in stock. It must be easier than recreating the auction every time. Leave it to the bay to make life miserable for a seller. HAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.