PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Cellphone radiation causing entire generation of mentally ill lunatics in America?
With today's youth using more cellphones than ever before -- and demonstrating more lunacy and mass mental illness than ever before -- are we now seeing the results of widespread brain damage caused by cellphone radiation?
https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-12-15-cellphones-driving-modern-humans-to-the-brink-of-insanity-new-science.html#

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Cause and effect, huh? Pretty slim on facts, big on assumptions! I doubt that the next, or the next-or the next generation after that has more insanity than previous ones. We just hear more about it. The world has been going to hell for thousands of years.
Has there ever been a well conducted bit of actual research on the matter of cell phone use doing brain damage?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've noticed parents handing small children electronic devices to quiet them, instead of playing with or otherwise interacting with them. I'd call it lack of attention more than radiation poisoning.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The world has been going to hell for thousands of years.
lol ... are we there yet?
It was sort of a TIC post. But at the same time, there is a natural desire to look for an explanation for what has come to be known as the snowflake phenomenon.
But regarding radiation from cell phones (and other things, such as "smart" meters) there actually is a lot of good info out there on the subject if you care to look for it.
Personally I don't doubt for a second that it's not good to hold those things up to your head for prolonged periods. But hey...do what you want...time will tell I guess.
I've noticed parents handing small children electronic devices to quiet them, instead of playing with or otherwise interacting with them. I'd call it lack of attention more than radiation poisoning.
Very good points Embers.
naturalnews.com??? sounds like a bonafide news resource ....
Yes, actually I consider it to be very good (most of the time). A hell of a lot better than the MSM. Any source that is widely and generally considered to be "bonafide" as you say, is automatically suspect to me.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/radiation/cell-phones-fact-sheet

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Thanks for the info George. Apparently the "experts" (i.e. the usual suspects: FDA, CDC, FCC, ACS, IARC, NIEHS) all essentially agree that there's no evidence that cell phone radiation causes cancer or any other adverse health effects.
Considering the track record of the above organizations, that tells me that the "unofficial" sources who are saying otherwise are probably correct. :lol:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The world has been going to hell for thousands of years.
Remember how long it took Rome to fall. Civilization decay is interesting stuff. If Toynbee, Spengler, Tainter, and Gibbon are not to your liking, it might help to look into distant examples like Angkor Wat, the Maya, or even Cahokia.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
More than 5 years ago I read several research articles on how cell phones effect the brain. I don't have the titles on hand, nor was I particularly impressed with them. There was an effect, but don't all things affect each other? When I use cell phones I try not to press them against my skull or be on for a long time. It would make sense that children show symptoms, even if adults don't. Our brains change/grow much less rapidly after our early twenties.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Kids don't actually seem to use the telephone part of the phone any more, but appear to text 99% of the time. If you try to call someone under the age of 25, it's treated like an annoyance. We have many in that group working in our restaurants. The managers finally realized that texting call-in's, schedule changes, etc was the best way to reach them. But we had a Social Relations policy that prohibited texting between managers and associates, so that had to be altered. One company I work with sends out work schedules only via text now.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
When I use cell phones I try not to press them against my skull or be on for a long time. It would make sense that children show symptoms, even if adults don't. Our brains change/grow much less rapidly after our early twenties.
I agree.
Kids don't actually seem to use the telephone part of the phone any more, but appear to text 99% of the time.
True, which is very fortunate only because of the alternative of them having those things pressed to their head all day.
I've felt that phone calls were an annoyance for a lifetime.
A man after my own heart. I've hated phones all my life.
Natural news, we never let science or data get in our way when posting sensational headlines.
Yes, it’s a sensational headline...but this particular article is pure speculation regarding the "snowflakes" as it indicates...which is fine by me...I have no problem with speculating.
Do I really think cell phone radiation is the cause of the “snowflake generation”? No. Do I think holding a cell phone to your head for extended periods of time is likely harmful? Yes.
The problem with “science” IMO is the following: I respect the concept of the scientific method, but the “scientific establishment” lost my respect a long time ago. IMO it’s riddled with corruption and fraudulent “science” and I simply don’t trust “official” scientific dogma. Again, just my opinion, but I’m convinced the “scientific establishment” is lying in regard to vaccine safety, global warming, GMO’s, aspartame, psychotropic drugs ... just to name a few things off the top of my head.
And the entire subject of cancer, its causes and treatments, is a universe unto itself of scientific fraud and corruption...imo.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Full information including the studies here:

https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/17/12/15/2247201/dont-keep-cellphones-next-to-your-body-california-health-department-warns
This one seems more credible than most, but as always, things in moderation might not be terrible.
Then again, we might ask whether we're just microwaving ourselves anyway with all the radio activity around us.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
That's ridiculous, saying cell phones cause lunacy. My cell hasn't harmed, harmed, harmed me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Folks at the turn of the Nineteenth Century probably suspected those new horseless carriages for the demented behavior of their offspring. It was suspected that once people reached sixty miles an hour in an automobile, their bodies would fly to pieces, which in case of accident was sometimes true. This gave rise to the expression, still used by my late grandmother who was born in the 1880s or thereabouts, "going like sixty," which meant pretty fast, and which today means not keeping up with traffic.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Risk? What risk?
th

Status
Not open for further replies.