May 31, 2012
AxAUDjX.jpg

80sLvfa.jpg

obMq12b.jpg

fmafxTw.jpg

n0av27S.jpg

They always deliver!

:D
This time I actually got some snuff too!
250g St. Bruno
500g Condor Long Cut
=
Heaven!
Angel-Smiley.jpg

clarkj734

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2014
I'm jealous. How long did shipping take?
I will be placing a similar order soon.
James

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
Mr Snuff keeps me in Condor and snuff too :)
James, I usually get my orders in 7-10 days to Texas.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
I've been sorely tempted by Mr. Snuff's pipe tobacco offerings but the elevated pricing has kept me at bay. His shipping is fairly quick If I remember correctly.
Update. Gave into temptation. Ordered five different pouches. Surprised to see the Condor Long Cut was only about half the cost of the others.
Anyone who wants in on this had better hurry. Their stock is extremely limited.

clarkj734

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2014
Thanks jumbo - much appreciated. I've been getting my Brit otc's strictly through trade thus far but planning on an order soon.

May 31, 2012
What is the taste difference between Condor green and brown?

There really is no difference besides the cut,

but at Mr Snuff the difference is that the brown 50g LC is $9.29 cheaper!
I've been sorely tempted by Mr. Snuff's pipe tobacco offerings but the elevated pricing has kept me at bay.

I totally understand that, I have to bite the bullet because my life is much better when it has Condor, St. Bruno, and Warrior Plug in it --- a small price to pay for a little happiness. What really pisses me off is knowing that a large chunk of the $ is going to the damm'd exchequer for govt. revenues --- but there ain't nuthin' can come close to this stuff as far as I'm concerned, after smoking Condor, many other baccies taste like cottoncandy airy fairies! LOL

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Mr.l.c. in addition to the two Condors I ordered Mick McQuaid Plug, Revor Plug, and Murray's Warrior Plug. What say ye of these worthies?

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
I think I remember from over on Snuffhouse that the reason for the difference in price is the Euro tax vs. the flake being available in Ireland where they ship from.
Of course now that misterlowercase has let the cat out of the bag, I won't be able to find the cheaper flake :puffy:

May 31, 2012
I like MMcQ very much.
Warrior Plug is my favorite tobacco, some might say it's too simple and monochromatic, but it has absolute depths that always put me in a special spot.
As much as I wanted to love Revor, it just didn't click with me.

May 31, 2012
I think I remember from over on Snuffhouse that the reason for the difference in price is the Euro tax vs. the flake being available in Ireland where they ship from.

Great info Jimbo, interesting.
Of course now that misterlowercase has let the cat out of the bag, I won't be able to find the cheaper flake

:oops:

I know, I know...I feel stoopid for publicly talking about this, and it seems to take them a while to restock the LC...

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
Not to hijack, but how do you like the Viking Dark, misterlowercase? Have a snoot full right now and am almost at the bottom of my tin :D

May 31, 2012
I haven't tried it yet, sounds good though.

Is it true that this is a Sammy Gawith brand?
I had never tried snuff before and bought these with the intention of sprinkling it on weak baccy to add some N plus a little flavor...
...but I felt it necessary to actually do it up proper and at least give it a try, I've been snuffing the Toque SP Extra and it has been an incredible experience, I never expected such a profound sensation, it "tastes" great, but it also somehow gives me an energy boost as well as an oddly heightened sense of awareness --- in short, snuffing is awesome!
I'd like to find some dark fruit type of flavors, anything up that alley you can recommend?
At one point I had saw Snuffreviews.com, but now I can't find it, is it down?

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
I haven't tried it yet, sounds good though.

Is it true that this is a Sammy Gawith brand?
I believe it is. I have some SG Black Rappee on the way. which has a similar profile.
I had never tried snuff before and bought these with the intention of sprinkling it on weak baccy to add some N plus a little flavor...
...but I felt it necessary to actually do it up proper and at least give it a try, I've been snuffing the Toque SP Extra and it has been an incredible experience, I never expected such a profound sensation, it "tastes" great, but it also somehow gives me an energy boost as well as an oddly heightened sense of awareness --- in short, snuffing is awesome!
SP Extra is also a favorite of mine. You want a kick in the pants though, Toque Quit will do it for ya! Beats sitting on the back deck or porch sweating in the Texas heat enjoying a bowl though. Soooo looking forward to Fall.
I'd like to find some dark fruit type of flavors, anything up that alley you can recommend?
At one point I had saw Snuffreviews.com, but now I can't find it, is it down?
snuffhouse dot org is a good site for reviews. Gawith Apricot is my Summer go to.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
What a great start with snuffs, MLC. I'm glad you decided to try it.
I find that many German traditional schmalzlers have this wonderful dark, fruity, figggy aroma. They are very easy to take, as well. Another, a recent acquaintance of mine, is Sir Walter Scott's Auld Alliance which has similar aroma to the schmalzlers, but has more Vit N. It's an artisan snuff and also much pricier.
I have been mostly disappointed with snuffs that have fruit or candy aromas added. These always taste fake and chemical to me. Sam Gawith makes wonderful natural (or semi-natural) snuffs, especially rappées, but their fruit and candy flavors are terrible. IMHO, of course.
If you are interested, Im in a process of preparing a snuff wiki/FAQ here: http://www.reddit.com/r/nasalsnuff/wiki/index

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Poschl Schmalzler D Doppelaroma is a good choice indeed, very fruity. Very moreish. On the side of the schmalzler gamut are Sternecker's products. They are a bit smokey and unflavored, yet they have some nice plummy tones.
Schmalzlers are dark and often quite coarse, and because they are oil based they are bit messier to take than finer and drier snuffs. I typically take these at home only.
Here's some of my schmalzler (god I hate to spell that word...) bottles:
bCJYeoL.jpg

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
I wasn't going to release Schmalzler's on the poor lad, but they are delicious and will take a few Kleenex :)

Status
Not open for further replies.