PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Last night a friend of mine from work called and said they were really looking forward to having me back when I'm ready. He then asked if I was up for having a drink or two at the pub. I asked my fiance (not for permission, but out of mutual respect) and she told me I need to go out and have fun. Well having been told I've become manic lately I said I would be there in about twenty minutes. Once I got there I found my friend and several coworkers. We were about an hour into our fun and I was about three Irish whiskeys on the rocks in when a young lad accidentally spilled his drink on me. I told him it was ok and asked him to be more careful. To witch he responded "F**k you criple" well my Irish temper got the best of me and I jumped out of ky seat like my arse was on fire. Nose to nose I informed him I took offense to that kind of talk while ladies were present. At witch he swung at me. In his drunken stupor he was pretty slow so I put my shillelagh in the way of the hit. He then became more aggressive and tried to bulldog me. So I cracked him on the head with the business end of my blackthorn. He instantly fell to the floor and had a nice sized knot for his trouble. I waited for the police to arrive and gave my statement and they took witness statements. They then decided my actions were in self defense and asked if I would like to press charges. Seeing the look on the lads face I said "No he's learned his lesson." I paid for him to have a cab take him home and I bid my coworkers a good bye and went home feeling sorry for the lad.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Don't let this stop you dude... There's a-holes everywhere. Had cops in the place I was having a drink with my wife last night as well. And this is a quiet neighborhood place. Happens all the bloody time now.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Fist off thats pretty cool that you use a shillelagh instead of just a cane. It's a shame that some people are such assholes, but I guess it isn't surprising since he was drunk. It was very big of you to pay for his cab ride home

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
@ mick its not my first time dealing with this type of encounter. It's just a pain in the arse when you want to relax and some guy who's young, dumb, and full of c*m feels like being froggy.
@uber I am Irish through and through so a shillelagh is the only stick that will be in my hand. As for his cab that was me being mature hoping he learns from his ignorance.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I bet he will always tell the story of how he got his ass kicked by the one-legged Irishman! Good show on being the bigger man and not pressing charges. That's the way it should be done. Now everyone tries to sue or have you arrested. Back when I worked as a bouncer, I'd have to turn someone on their ear once in a while, but I'd always make sure they got a ride and told them come back and see us when you're sober. Never got the cops involved unless someone else called them, which was very rare.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Respect Irish! Guys that mess with people they don't know are just looking for a beating and cab ride home from a gentleman such as yourself.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That's too bad alcohol makes people stupid at times, and stupid people even more so. You handled the situation with much class Irish. I commend you. :clap:

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Well the police and the sheriff's department know me very well and trust my judgement. I didn't press charges because he would've been angry for it. But a huge knot and a nasty hangover will give him plenty of time to think about respect.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
@photoman13 I don't go looking for trouble but I was taught never to avoid it of it comes my way. And its put me in some interesting situations more than I care to admit.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Thats epic! Im sorry you have so much trouble, but that story honestly made my night. Good for you, some kid got what he had coming

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
My thought has always been"I will protect myself vigoresly".If it's f**k me,or F**k you,Hmmm,F**k YOU!!! :twisted:

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
You did the right thing. Hopefully, he'll consider himself lucky with a lump on the head and not a knife in the chest. He's lucky he ran into you and not some of the scum that's out there. I avoid drinking establishments as a general rule for a couple of reasons. One, Texas doesn't allow CCW in bars and two, my sharp wit sometimes gets away from me when I've had one or two. I'm not confrontational mind you, but if someone runs their mouth I tend to bark back.
Kudos to you man, I am not as up on your situation as some are around here, but you sound like a quality guy. I helped my father rehab from a major accident years ago and there was question as to wether or not he'd walk again (he's a tough SOB and recovered quite well eventually), but I know that these moment happen so please don't take this as an insult. In those quiet moments when you might question your manhood, or think of yourself as a cripple, remember this and know that a good man uses his strength when he must and is gracious when he doesn't have to be. You're a good example to the rest of us.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I am ashamed that someone out there would be so confrontational and disrespectful towards another person. You are truly a gentleman Irish and my hat goes off to you for the way you handled the immature bastard. :clap:

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
@irishsmoker I think that cab fare after everything that happened will make more of an impression on him than the knot you put on his head. By the way sounds like our families would have gotten along great; I was taught the same thing "don't go looking for a fight, but by God if a fight finds you never back down".

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I was always taught to try and avoid a fight when ever possible. You never know how crazy someone is. My parents grew up near Detroit though. So that's probably why lol.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Unfortunately some guys just need a tune up once in a while...wish I had of been there to help teach.

Status
Not open for further replies.