Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I went to an event at the B&M last night and the Davidoff rep gave me a nice ball cap. This is what the industry has do to now since caps and shirts are considered advertisements. I'm going to leave the tag on to exhibit how silly things have become.
QFMyjRJ.jpg

QknEA2F.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Definitely leave the tag on. Awesome hat. The warning label looks like a fortune cookie fortune.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yeah that's an awesome hat! And that warning label is BRILLIANT!!! I had no idea tobacco could cause cancer!! That's disappointing considering how heavily invested I am in the stuff. Are they sure about that?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was given the last Missouri Meerschaum freebie cap at the TAPS show ticket table, and I am proud to say, it was pre-tag mandate. Now I'm afraid to wear it for fear I'll lose such a treasure.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Definetly. Try a little piece out at first and age the rest. I don't think it's going to be a grandfathered in blend. You're going to want to see how it matures with a few years on it.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Davidoff Red Cap
A beautiful molded flake of bright and red virginias stitched together with burley fibers. There is a concern that this will fade with age so enjoy it now.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I guess I'm a little confused.
Is the Surgeon General worried about the cigar or the cap?
Or, it could be the red dye in the cap. See how complicated things get?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
We should "own" the warning.
Put the words "Sturgeon General Warning: Smoking Can Cause Heart Cancer and Lung Disease" on everything, name blends cancer and heart disease, etc.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
I think you're right deathmetal. Then everyone will know that the blend "Possible Corroded Artery Endarderectomy" might be bad for them. I'm going to go search out things to smoke that definetly don't have a warning label on it. You know, the safe stuff. First on the list - carrots in my refrigerator. Next - crack cocaine.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Wow! Been along time since I've seen Cancer show up on a tobacco product. Around here I see a lot of Asthma and health warnings, I wonder if these propaganda pieces are region zoned? Oops, I better bolt, here comes the cap police.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Funny thing is fluffie, tthe government would less likely bother you over crack than the legal substance tobacco.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
It is kind of strange that the law stipulates that anywhere a tobacco company puts their logo they also have to include the warning. That's why the "Marlboro Limited" sweepstakes train didn't have the Marlboro logo on it. They were afraid nobody would want to ride the "cancer train".

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
FD&C Red (cap) Dye Number Five!!!! Run for your life!!!!! (Of course Jim Fixx died from running)

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
And here I was, convinced they only have adverse health effects in California

Status
Not open for further replies.