Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
And I want it, dammit.
It's listed on Ebay as "Karsten Tarp Cross Grain Panel Horn Coopersark"
DmYME.jpg

The stem is cut so perfect it almost looks like the pipe is all one piece. That's plain awesome.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I like how it has rays on one side an birdseyes on the other side. Great craftsmanship.
Winton
FYI, post #800

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Super cool. I can't imagine smoking a pipe like that though. Can't put it down, awkward to hold - and yet somehow, I still want it too. :puffy:

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
That is one great horn, the grain is enough to shed a tear over! Im a fan of the horn shape anyways, though im picky about what i like in them, that one looks excellent though! Sell some blood? Hell toss a kidney! :lol:

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Wow, zanth, that is one gorgeous pipe. The dude that made that is a true craftsman. Yeah, tell us how much they want for it!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
That is a cool looking pipe.
James Island Piper in SC also has some pipes by the same maker but I think they are unsmoked.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
That is gorgeous. Perfect grain, perfect birdseye and a stain and polish job that makes the thing look almost translucent.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
This a beautiful example of the sculptural aspects of pipes. Everything on this pipe; the grain, the shape of the pipe and stem and the color of the stain is in perfect harmony. This maker is both a craftsman and an artist. If you wanted to show somebody the finer aspects of grain in a pipe, this one would be a great example.
I don't think the horn shape is the most practical shape, but I would sure like one of the better examples, like this one, in my collection.
Harris, if you're bidding on this, good luck.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Sell some blood and go for it.
I'm not sure blood is going at that price ... if I remember correctly that pipe was going for about $450
If I had that much money, it'd be going in the motorcycle fund.
I like how it has rays on one side an birdseyes on the other side.
I'm no expert but I'd say finding a piece of briar that is capable of making that design must be very rare.
THAT is some great looking wood. Nice find, hope you get it.
Don't I wish ... even if it is $355 ... that's a far reach for me.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Now if one was willing to spend the money, that would be a pipe to spend it on. I am so unwilling to cut loose $450.00 for a "classic" shape Dunhill or something, when such a pipe as this horn exists. And compared to even the usual artisan offerings, this one is in a class by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.