PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
Had a cool "fresh" Castello in my wish list at smokingpipes.com, and my fridge decided to call it quits last night. Of course the wifey saw it as her opportunity to get the new latest and greatest "stainless steel" she could find...was planning to pull the trigger tonight. But, so long, beautiful pipe that I won't see again...sorry...just need to express my frustration, somewhere. Thanks

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
True Anthony, but, I wish the white Kenmore with freezer on top were still the style cause you can get those dirt cheap. Now they have to have 2 drawers and 2 doors, filtrated water, connect to the internet, babysit your kids, fight wars, and all kinds of things ...thanks chasing, I did not know that, will try it

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Pipes are very lovable objects, and for those who smoke them, well nigh irresistible. Thus, to speak of a pipe budget is utter rubbish and insufferable bilge. Send the refrigerator back and get a large cooler, then get the Castello.

Jun 27, 2016
$200 to $300 would probably get it fixed by a pro, if it's not a compressor failure or sealed-system leak. I would pay to get a repair estimate before buying a new fridge. But you already took her shopping, so you are probably getting a new fridge anyway ha ha.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Of course the wifey saw it as her opportunity to get the new latest and greatest "stainless steel" she could find...
I like the old style fridges better too.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
My Dad still has the fridge (in his basement, running) that they bought in 1958. I forget the brand. I think that is just awesome. 8)

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Things were built to last back then Stan. I still have the huge Murphy 'Baffle Set' radio my father bought when demobbed from the Royal Signals in 1946...valves (tubes) like half pint beer glasses and still works perfectly.
Regards,
Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Let's face it, you'll use the fridge more often than the pipe, but another Castello and another occasion will arrive, maybe an even better Castello at an even better price.

Status
Not open for further replies.