PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikedoctor

Lurker
Mar 16, 2013
So I support those who support Kevin and Bryan and the Pipe radio show. Love it.
But lately I have been stressing about not having tried Penzance, as if everyone has supped from the grail but me and therefore I feel as less of a pipe smoker.
My years of pipe and tobacco purchases made else where had not produced the illusive weed Penzance so time to go elsewhere and try my luck with another retailer.
I had a great conversation with Jon on the new customer service line (908)217-9669 for quick reference). He gave me the 411 on Penzance and how North America receives very little supplies and although he couldn't promise me a tin he did set up my email for an alert when it hits and thepipeguys price is 6 times cheaper than the ebay "buy it now" guys. That really help set my expectations to be patient.
The hopeful part of our conversation was that although Penzance really is that good I had many opportunities to sample similar blends available right now that will likely have the same following in years to come but are available NOW and at a reasonable price, namely GLP Gaslight (plug).
Opening Gaslight was like being on my honey moon, I really wanted dive right in but had no idea what I was doing as this was my first plug tobacco. And like my honey moon my wife was non impressed and graciously kicked me out of the house as the smell was, in her words, sweaty feet and smoke. Jon more poetically called it a "Lat bomb".
So just a long note to say you will find many reputable retailers that support this forum and it's growth, I just wanted to put a shout out there for thepipeguys who took me to a happy place, let me know I was going to be okay, and sold me a couple tins to prepare my Walmart pallet for the day our brothers across the pond decide to send us an allocation of Penzance.
Kevin.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
my wife was non impressed and graciously kicked me out of the house as the smell was, in her words, sweaty feet and smoke
Kevin
My wife just says, "YOU STINK" every time she comes home and smells any tobacco on me.
Well, what can you do?
Penzance is a terrific smoke, and I wouldn't have any either except for Troutface, a valuable member of the forum. It is worth the wait, IMHO.
Once again, thank you Troutface!

Status
Not open for further replies.