Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The guy outside the window is suffering from a Tobacco Acquisition Disorder Deficiency. He need to catch the TAD contagion on Forums so he will have a three lifetime supply like most members. His neighbor needs to order him a tub of Mixture 79.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. didimauw

didimauw

Mod

Login to Send PM

I have many friends like that, just rarely in the case of pipe tobacco. Usually for cigs or chew. I wish i knew more pipe smokers, because i'd be glad to share my tobacco then.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

'Had a shipmate with a little seniority (enlisted) who chain smoked all the way across the Pacific and back bumming cigs. Fortunately, I didn't smoke nails. I think he also stole stuff, but he was a smooth operator and wasn't caught. Jeeze, he was a sonarman and had tech skills and probably went on to good pay as a civilian, but I think he was damaged, probably still mooching and thieving.

Usually with pipe tobacco, the sharing is mutual and in that context is satisfying.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. dino

dino

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Possibly the funniest example of tobacco mooching is Melvyn Douglas always bumming Cary Grant's tobacco in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

People who mooch always smoke twice as much as anyone else, I guess because it's free!

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Alternate caption: Just ignore him...he has only himself to blame. I told him way back in 2017 to stock up on pipe tobacco while it was still being sold legally and he just laughed and called me paranoid. Now he can’t afford my prices.

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The quick intervention of a large jar of Captain Black Grape should solve this problem.

"My own experience has been that the tools I need for my trade are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whiskey." -- William Faulkner

The Metal Mixtures
    Posted 2 years ago #
  9. mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks to this I've just learned a new meaning of the verb to mooch. Over here it simply means to loiter or wander aimlessly with no particular negative connotations.

Over here we call someone who perpetually scrounges things a ponce!

Regards,

Jay.

...take up thy stethoscope and walk...
    Posted 2 years ago #
  10. pipestud

pipestud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There is a member of my pipe club who shows up every month and has for the last 18 or so years. A very friendly fellow if not a little quirky. As the meetings are about to wind down. He grabs his pipe bag, goes up to the tobacco bar, pulls out 5 pipes and stuffs each one with a different blend. He then pulls out a baggie or two to fill them with any blends left on the table that he was not able to stuff into his pipes. He then shakes hands with whoever is still around and then leaves. I reckon he's good to go tobacco wise until the next meeting.

Pipestud
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Our pipe club meeting was this Monday night. I was frantically trying to get my daughter where she needed to be, and mish and mash, I showed up with absolutely no tobacco and my three largest Ardor Pipes. I felt like a heel asking for samples, and then pulling out my shovel sized Ardor to fill 'er up. But I got to sample what Motzek Micah's Cake tastes like.

Michael
    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

@pipestud: wow...I can't imagine this to be any fun. Having to rely on other people to bring some nice blend..I appreciate my neat little tobacco bar and the freedom to smoke whatever I want at the time I want. Once I got told "we don't send sampled, because there are people who don't buy tobacco but only smoke samples" and I thought they'd be just cheap and made a poor excuse...I mean...who on earth wants to smoke only samples?...But after your story I tend to belive them

To each his own, I'll happily share a few bowls with anyone asking...sadly I don't know any pipe smokers irl!

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. jimbo44

jimbo44

Login to Send PM

Gold Block

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If Capt. Black Grape doesn't do the job, next in line is Clan.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   the85boro, mso489, jguss, donjgiles, yaboofive, skeeter456, cosmicfolklore, mtwaller