PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. At 2:00 pm my wife of 52 yrs will go to a Funeral home and do a Ladies hair as the Family asked of her. This service usually costs a bit, but my wife for over 30 yrs has been doing this free as a final respect, I am so proud of her. I just wanted to tell somebody how much. :clap:

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
That is wonderful. My mom has had to do that in the past with some of her older clientele and I know it wasn't easy for her. But it has to be done so much respect.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That's terrific. Though I had a bad shiver when I read the first words of your post: "my wife of 52 yrs will go to a Funeral home..."

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
What a lovely woman your wife is! This isn't the first time you've written about the thoughtful things she has done out of the goodness of her heart. You're one lucky ole coot to have a lady like her by your side -- but I guess you realize that.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
That's what we call "Old School" my friend.You and your lovely wife do the things you do because it is the right thing to do. You were raised that way and so was she. You would expect her to do nothing less than what she is doing! God Bless you both.... Dave

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
It's a bad thing when someone doesn't care about the last rites, wife came back yesterday and I could tell something wasn't right. Tell me I said, she said they had her good clothes on with makeup and I couldn't do hair color and Family hasn't seen her with white hair. Furneral Director jumped the gun and Wife was very dissapointed . When sister of the deceased called I told the wife tell her the truth. The Ladies son had come in from California and he always made sure his Mother had money to get her hair done. What do you need he asked wife, she needs good clothes off and water for her hair. This morning he called and said Miss Billie you've got the say so. She went back and was very happy as Family was too. It's a shame it took this. Alls well that ends well.

Status
Not open for further replies.