PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Well, I have been waiting for this for awhile, and it's finally time to reveal my newest and most meaningful pipe in the collection!

I have watched our very own Shaintiques craft several pipes over the past year or so as I have gotten to know him as a fellow pipe smoker and during that time, he has become a very good friend. We have enjoyed many a bowl together along with terrific fellowship and conversations.

We started discussing the possibility of him making me a pipe late last year, and during the intervening months, we have planned out everything from shape, color, stems, you name it. Tonight he stopped by to deliver this beauty,and I couldn't be more pleased!

The original concept I had was something similar to a Talbert Goblin pipe, in accordance with my science fiction and fantasy leanings. Dave created what I believe is his best pipe to date, and I got to enjoy the inaugural smoke with the pipe maker himself! It smokes as good as it looks, and the fact that it was made by a friend and fellow pipe smoker makes it something really special to me!

Without further ado, I give you The Troll Foot (Dave's name for it) It reminds me of Cthulu from H.P. Lovecraft with the flaring base and the vertical grain, so I have dubbed it the Cthulu pipe, but either one is fitting.

I'm sure he has some better pics than what I got with my cell phone, but here ya go!

right.jpg

left.jpg

front.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I stick normally to more classic shapes usually. However that is one sharp looking pipe. Love the flow of it and the color. Well done.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks guys this one was really fun to make. And the block that Erin picked out had some very beautiful grain. The pipe just took shape following what the wood was doing. I get my briar and stem blanks from Steve Norse. He has some nice materials. The stem is a brown and red cumberland. The block was very large and wouldn't fit in my lathe chucks so I had to freehand drill this one. There is a video on my Facebook of me free hand drilling another pipe I made. Thanks Kevin too, Erin and I met on the forum and so our friendship and many smoking adventures are fruit from this place. I have been so blessed to be a part of this community. Here are some more pics of the pipe.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Wow. That's awesome! Plus, if I ever get a prog-metal band together, I'm definitely going to call it TROLL FOOT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.