PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Just getting to the end of a tin of SG Grousemoor and still can't pin down the tast,seems a bit floral and a touch of peat in there.I like it but don't know why.I know it is one of your favourites Lawrence what is your opinion on it?

Tom

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Morning Morlader,

The tin note is definitely Lemon Grass, but your confusion isn't uncommon.

Have you read my review here? Grousemoor

You'll have to scroll down.

I was new to posting there and we can't fix the ratings at this time.

I agree with you... Grousemoor is good stuff.

:puffy:

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I tried Gousemoore a couple weeks ago and was very pleasantly surprised. The blend was very unlike the normal English blends I frequent, but it was a pleasant change. I really like this stuff and its subtle unique flavors. I will be buying this in bulk to have some tucked away and some to enjoy.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
@marmal4de, yes its true....I'm an English smoker that finds myself confused and smoking Grousemoore in secret. I have the tins sent in non descriptive brown tins and brown paper packaging; trying to hide this affliction. Even my dogs have looked at me with concern in their eyes when we sit out in the shop and I put the blend in my pipe. I think I will go have a bowl in secret.
8O

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
Fantastic, I think I feel my TAD starting to flare up...

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Just read a couple of reviews of this blend, would this be considered to have a "Lakeland" flavour/taste to it? Still unsure if I want to try something with a lakeland flavour to it after trying BCF.

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
Peaty, mossy, grassy, maybe a bit of sea kelp with an undercurrent of wildflowers. I have to thank Lawrence specifically for "coaxing" me to give this blend a shot. When I saw a few tins at my local B&M I picked one up. It was a blustery, rainy day when I cracked the tin. Initial whiff was "what the hell is this?". I had never smelled or seen a tobacco like it before. A yellow/green coarse cut with pieces that I could still see the leaf veins in. A little soggy and a scent of sea and field and something "else". I loaded and lit and have not looked back. This blend may not be for everyone but this is no Dutch style aromatic by any stretch. Purely English Lakeland. The perfect sea monster blend IMHO.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Just read a couple of reviews of this blend, would this be considered to have a "Lakeland" flavour/taste to it? Still unsure if I want to try something with a lakeland flavour to it after trying BCF.

If you didn't like BCF, you probably wouldn't like Grousemoor either.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
It is definitely a unique taste.....I caught a bit of lemon flavor the other day for a puff or two.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I can't resist chiming in as well. I was loading my old Stanwell Majestic with Grousemoor when I logged on here. Been smoking this for years and always enjoy it. People never seem to know what to make of it but like it when they try it. For those who haven't yet, dive in.

Status
Not open for further replies.