PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I got a call yesterday from my mother. My uncle, Terry Eddings, was biking and was found dead at the scene of the bike wreck. It was first thought to be a hit-and-run, but the officers saw no skid marks, nor was there any transfer paint on the bike. It is thought that he either lost control or had a heart attack. We should know next week what the results are.
He was a great man. He was a loving pillar of the Harrison community and a pentecostal pastor of a small church. He was the kind of man who only wanted the word "Church" on the sign, and not a denomination. He was a Vietnam veteran, serving the Navy in communications, and most of his congregation was made up of veterans. He was an accomplished musician and writer. He was a staunch defender of the constitution and believed in every mans right to carry protection. He has written four stories for Muzzleloader magazine as well as a couple inspirational publications through small press.
He had a heart of gold, and a laugh that could shudder the pews. He will be greatly missed.

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
It is hard when it is so sudden, and I feel for your loss. Take care and treasure the memories.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
My sympathies to you and all who were loved by your uncle. Death is always difficult to understand, so I stopped trying after a while...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The sudden aspect makes it more difficult. Take time with yourself and others to work this through.

My condolences.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
griff, sorry to hear about the passing of your uncle. He seems to have been a fine gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.