PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
After a rather bad start to the week, I am in receipt of a most generous Christmas present. This is a rather stunning occurrence, since I do not celebrate Christmas per se, and the person who sent me this gift knows me fairly well. So to not only get a gift, but to get it from someone who has every reason not to, well....

27439867587921-vi.jpg
A tin of Reiner from the 1990's
Upon opening, I was greeted by a wonderful, real Latakia aroma. Not the Latakia-extract synthetic aroma crap that so often passes for the real thing these days. The cut is 3mm ribbon Red Virginia mixed with chunks of cross-cut Lemon VA and 1mm strips of Latakia. It is still quite moist, and delectable.

29439867589194-vi.jpg
Thank you Simon.
A most generous and thoughtful gift.......

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Not the Latakia-extract synthetic aroma crap that so often passes for the real thing these days
Specific blends that use such extracts?
Sub rosa? Do you celebrate Christmas sub rosa?
Secret pipe-related festivities ... An "In-Cob-Nito" X-mas! :)

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Sheesh, now I'm up shit's creek. I should have kept my mouth shut. I am not, in the least, offended by Christmas. I'm actually an anti "Generic Holiday Season" person. It's Christmas, not a "holiday". When folks say "Merry Christmas" to me, I take it to heart.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Gotta love it Woods! The one time you can be really offended and decline. Your image might suffer from this admission. I doubt it! But, it might.
I'll try not to mess this up: "Chag Chanukah Sameach!" To you and yours.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thank you Warren, Sparks and everyone else.
I wish that I could share this tin with all of you, perhaps around a blazing fire with some good scotch. It's delightful. Rich, but delicate. Some very nice Orientals in there.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Very nice to have that come through your letterbox woodsroad! I hope it smokes brilliantly for you.
Just be careful no pesky latakia loving whippets leg-it with it

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Yep! It came from some fat red dude who was so drunk he climbed down through my fireplace instead of knocking on my door. After kicking him in the balls I found this tin of tobacco and $3 in his pocket so enough said! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.