The Self Gift of Christmas. What did You Get?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Let's be honest, nobody can treat you better than you. Ok, some people think they can -and some do- but you know you better than, well, you.
It was time to get lost in the heaps of tobaccos that are available to be smoked. I had followed others recommendations from boards, Facebook and tobacco reviews. I followed those to see what others said about this blend or that when compared with similar. My self gift choices are a result of the twisting and turning opinions on tobaccos.
MacBaren Plumcake and 7 Seas Royal, Sutliff's Molto Dolce (I don't even know how many times I saw this blend mentioned) and C&D's USS Mason.
I also made my 15th pipe my first MM cob.
The Moloto Dolce was great out of the cob. Good afternoon smoke as the short day descended into night.

christmas-600x448.jpg

Who else has gotten their self Christmas gifts? What did "Santa" bring you?

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Well since you asked I got these pipes
Caminetto artisan poker unsmoked

Caminetto billiard

Rad Davis Squat tomato

Ascorti straight Dublin

And I also got a decent size TAD from 4noggins.
Now what to get my wife.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Too poor to buy anything, the best gift I can hope for is hoping that is the thought that counts! I'll drool all over your loot though if you don't mind, I am loving that natural sandblast, very nicely done.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have two TAD orders on their way from 4noggins and I'm picking up one new Brigham next week and hopefully another right after New Years.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
It won't be for Christmas but maybe boxing day or new years but a Peterson green spigot 999

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
If I can scrape together the cash, I'd like to get me three 8oz. tins each of Charing Cross and Odyssey. We'll see what's left over after the wife and kid's presents.

Dec 24, 2012
I am on the hunt to buy myself a pipe for Christmas, but not sure what yet. Does anyone know whether smokingpipes.com had a sale after Christmas last year? In Canada we call the 26th boxing day and it is a big day for sales up here, but don't think it is the same down south.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Man, some of you got quite the budget for Christmas. I thought I was doing pretty well with a four pack of tins, a cob and a set of estates on Saturday.
Ogre, you're more my speed. Lol.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Tryin hard to put together the cash for a Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired 1lb Box. Fell in love with this stuff...

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Chris and I must have had the same idea.

I gifted myself this Rad Davis pot for Christmas.
fh02323-001-600x223.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I am at odds with myself, over choosing to start a commission or put money into tools for the Pipe Cave.
-- Pat

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
image122-600x455.jpg

Mine doesn't really compare with some of y'alls self gifted items, but here it is anyway,
1x Butera Pelican (very good stuff)

1x Sutliff Molto Dolce
And a NOS Aldo Velani "58" Suprema saddle bit billiard w/briar accent band on the stem.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Pete are you kidding? I have two Aldos. They are first rate smokers.

I really like that saddle bit.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Boxing Day lol. Are you tellig me Chrismtas kf an Marics n hokdaxe?! Lol!
I'm sorry. Notmally I would edit the shit outta my posts but I'm toasted and ^ that shit had me rolling on the floor laughing x. Period . Lol.
My lady got me a Golden Gate bulldog, which will post pictures of later, once it arrives and I open it. I don't really "self gift". I buy what I need and that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.