PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
NGGud43.png

Across the land, pipe smokers are contemplating the glory of the 'Yacht. Glorious, dark Virginias stripped of their acidity so their inner Nicotine and rich flavor can shine. A tin can last you a week, or only a couple of days if you feel like treating yourself right. Once you have experienced this unique smoking mixture, there is no going back!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I smoked Royal Yatchet (rhymes with hatchet) in the back yard the other day... this year's first hatch of pesky annoying gnats was burgeoning forth... they flew into my RY cloud and fell dead to the ground. All is well. I smiled. There was peace in the back yard once again. (Now to get the neighbors dmn dog to run through my RY cloud!) heh heh

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
This whole Royal Yuck business is getting boring. I can understand Condor groupies as I personally fed their addiction but there is nothing remotely difficult in the acquisition of a tin of Royal Yuck. You simply put a bag over your head and walk into your local B&M and ask for as many tins of the junk as you require and hope you are not recognized by any of your friends. Its a sensation not dissimilar to your first attempt at age 16 to buy a pack of prophylactics from the local drug store and after buying 16 items you really didn't want you summon up the courage to ask for a box of 'Super Large Big Boy Bronco Riders' and you walk out with a Trojan three pack and yet another tooth brush! :rofl:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The point with Royal Yacht is that it is not hard to get, only difficult to love, and that when you have entered into appreciation of it, you have joined a rare brotherhood. And when you walk into the B&M and pick up a tin of the 'Yacht on your way somewhere, people know that your tastes may be different, but you're going to enjoy the heck out of that red and yellow tin...

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
The point with Royal Yacht is that it is not hard to get, only difficult to love,
HMMmm, they should named the stuff after my second wife :rofl: ...

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Jeez, give it up already deadhead as your never ending obsession and posts about RY are getting beyond the point of being ridiculous. We get it already... you love RY, now let it go. I'm beginning to think we have another haja on our hands with his obsessive and ceaseless posts about cheap Chinese lighters.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
After reading about Royal Yacht so much here, I got a tin with my order a few months ago. I liked it, not the most wonderful thing I've smoked, but I found it to be an interesting and complex tobacco. It didn't knock me on my ass, but then with stronger blends, I tend to smoke them in smaller bowls. The fact is that there aren't any Dunhill tobaccos that I've smoked over the years that I totally loved. They are all good, but as far as I'm concerned there are a lot more blends that I like better. I guess this shows that everyones tastes are different.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Agree, Orley. I'd take that one or two steps further: the sun has set on the Dunhill tobacco marque. Best blends of English styles are made by US companies.
And agree that the subject and incessant posting of new threads on it has become tiresome.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I'd rather see Royal Yacht threads than Penzance. I'm seriously going to get a tin just to satisfy my curiosity. Then I can forget all about it.
I'm working on a blend called Three Hipsters and almost have it together. THAT, my friends, will be an epic blend. :)

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Mayfair70 don't forget to file Form 67890/a/780 with the FDA, enclose with it the paperwork to comply with the Tobacco Control Act and that should include your scientific studies, sociological group evaluation, burn test, list of ingredients as well as a check for $1.3 MM and and then enjoy your epic blend!

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I enjoy Peterson Perfect Plug, Escudo, LBEF, but Royal Yuck oops, I mean Yacht just doesn't seem to tweak my palette in an interesting way.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
LOL, condor. The last time I bought a box of "broncos," the woman at the counter was exactly my mom's age and danged if she didn't have to do a price check! (Glad I didn't bother with the toothbrush.)

Death, you and your Royal Yacht campaign has singlehandedly reduced Solani blends 20%. Killer!!!

Screw the Yacht haters. Personally, I don't get what is to hate about it. But... Other folks like lots of stuff I'll never understand. Keep spreadin' the word. Maybe, they'll cut prices on some other stuff, ha ha. M

Wait, I just looked at that bullshit sale. They jack the prices before reducing them, and they still are selling it for more than the other sites, ha ha.

A 50gram tin jacked to $19 only to tell us that $12.19 is the sale(?) price, when P&C has it for $11 all the time. Ha ha, good luck with that smokingpipes.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
A lot of retailers increase the price on something and then have a 'sale', selling it at the regular price. People see a sign that says 'sale' and I think common sense (not so common) goes out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.