PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I just discovered that they have a Youtube account with full episodes. I loved this show growing up. I guess I was weird watching public access on the weekends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeD0uAOdfYc

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
You weren't weird watching Red Green!!! The guy is the best and most innovative user of Duck Tape ever. If you're an outdoorsman, or a woodsy type like I am you can't help to laugh at those episodes. :clap:

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
Not weird at all it was such a funny show. I loved watching it too. If women cant find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
It used to come on before Mr Bean and Are You Being Served. Excellent show. I sure do miss being a kid sometimes.

Dec 24, 2012
I had no idea you even got this Canadian show down there. Used to watch it all the time, but thought it was just a "Canadian thing".

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
I have a Roku and there is a channel on it called NowhereTV it has all the episodes.. such a great show

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Yeah before BBC America, PBS in the states would show british comedy and BBC news. I think they still do this. Red Green was at night on the weekends after the britcom line up. At least this was the case here in Maryland. Hell they even used to do pledge donation drives for Red's show on MPT "Maryland Public Television".

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Red Green completely wrapped up in protective Bubble Wrap playing a goalie for ice hockey was the best ever. It showed the pucks stuck in the Bubble Wrap. LMAO. And his Bath-A-Que was another winner. :rofl:

canadianbacon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2013
Public Access TV? Its on the regular cable stations. I'm in Canada, not sure about you, but being a Canadian show, it gets more attention.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
In the 60's - 70's - 80's PBS was my go-to station. We had to watch Public Access for anything that wasn't American and was really entertaining. After we got satellite A&E was a favorite. God I have reality shows! (Except for Duck Dynesty).

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
I had no idea you even got this Canadian show down there. Used to watch it all the time, but thought it was just a "Canadian thing".
+1
This along with Kids in the Hall are two of my favorite Canadian cultural exports. Did you gents get Kids in the Hall as well?
"Keep your stick on the ice." - Words to live by.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) is not quite the same thing as Public Access - at least, it wasn't where I grew up. And having spent my college years just south of the Canadian border in the halcyon days when poor college students could take advantage of the lower drinking age and strong U.S. dollar (in comparison to Canadian currency), it was a treat to discover "Red Green" after I moved out to Denver. :D

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
thought it was canadian thing too. Living in buffalo, we got CBC over the air. then in college, CBC was on cable! hockey night in canada was the only reason to stay in on saturdays!

Status
Not open for further replies.