PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbales

Lurker
Nov 4, 2015
I've been smoking for about a month and a half now and have acquired a couple of pipes. After deciding that pipes are not going to dry very well horizontally, I took a nostalgic trip back to primary school. This is the aftermath.
IMG_0273_zpsxkuhfg7x.jpg

I am proud of myself.
:)

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Not bad, Mine had Holes on top and I hung the pipes. Then I found a $70+ pipe stand for $12 at the antique market.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Wow, I am really impressed. There might even be a future for cardboard pipe stands. Sustainable !

Can you make that a 20 pipes rack ?

jbales

Lurker
Nov 4, 2015
Thanks, gentlemen. Carver, we'll see next week when I have 20 pipes. :lol: Just kidding.. The PAD isn't that bad. Yet. :D

Jan 8, 2013
Nice! Much nicer than the stand I made out of a cardboard pipe box when I first started. Oh... and the PAD will get that bad. Just a fair warning :)

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I just found this thread and it's uncanny that I was just yesterday thinking along the lines of a cardboard pipe rack. I am still contemplating design options.

Yours is pretty nice!

The egg carton racks are too unstable and don't allow for a comfortable angle. Even my muffin tin has its limitations.

I've got some pipes in one of those large woven wooden salad bowls with a place mat lining it that works ok.

I put an ash tray in the middle to help provide support to resting pipes around the perimeter.

May 31, 2012
... I think that Cortez came up with this design for us.
Cortez is our coolest member in my opinion.
I've taken to calling him King Cortez!
Long live the King!

:!:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/im-preferredat-least-according-to-the-forum#post-541905
:)
He has a wickedly devilish sense of humor,

sharp as a razor too.
M6gFsf9.png

:P

May 31, 2012
jbales,

I neglected to mention how cool your little rack is,

I like it very much and it's an ingenious design.
In fact,

I prefer your design over something fancy-pants like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gucci-Leather-Wrapped-Pipe-Holder-/151939800635?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
You could probably sell yours on eBay,

make up a few of them, come up with some clever marketing angle, and you'd be in business,

seriously, a few cosmetic tweaks to pretty it up a bit (paint, artwork, tattoo designs, ornate stencils etc etc )and you've got a solid product!

Status
Not open for further replies.