Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
J&J freehand:
J&J got knocked recently in another thread for making small pipes. At 7 inches, this one ain't small. I bought this one from Jared at the inaugural meeting of the Los Angeles Pipe Club.
3N4Q1LL.jpg

WfpzPrM.jpg

Jared brought a nice assortment of work to the meeting. All beautiful, but none of them really speaking to me, except for this one. It shows a definite Japanese influence. I love the unusual bulbous bamboo shank that has an interesting sculptural quality. It looks like nothing else in my motley collection. I like that.
Nording sorta bulldog:
vYjhcJh.jpg

IDoaKEt.jpg

I call this one my bee's butt pipe. This is just a happy pipe, and I always feel happy when I smoke this pipe.
Preben Holm Frasortoret freehand:
rjX3g9z.jpg

BlWBg2Q.jpg

This is a Preben Holm reject. All pipes should smoke as smoothly and coolly as does this reject. It's a giant pipe that is as light as a feather. Nice blast, effortless draw. I could spend 30 times what I paid for this pipe and not get a better smoker. Gotta clean up that stem!

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Wow, I've been after a Nording (the only Nording I've wanted) with that type of stem for awhile and the fact that yours is a rhodesian/ bdog too makes it all the better. Honestly, that's the best one I've seen, sable.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
All gorgeous pieces, but love that Frasorteret. I don't think I could have a frown on my face smoking that Nording. It just sings, "happy!" The J&J looks to be a great hand filler, and a really good reading pipe.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That Bees Butt would make me smile as well! Again, three very distinctive choices. Your collection is definitely not boring with these recent acquisitions.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
These Part Two pipes are more playful and whimsical. They look harvested in the enchanted forest.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Jesse:
Thank you for sharing these wonderful "others" from your racks of Barling beauties.
That MSO used "playful" and "whimsical" to describe them deepened my smile. (I used to teach English - poorly - but I was smart enough to marry a veteran High School English teacher and I do love our native tongue.) MSO's adjectives are spot on.
Your Nording with the bee's ass stem is a shaggy dog story in the making but the PH Frasorteret is what keeps me combing over the Bay, Craigslist and every Tom, Dick and Harry antique store, flea market and garage sale on my travels.
Thanks again, pal.
Fnord

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Wow, I think that's the finest J&J I have seen yet. I love them and own 3! But man, that is stunning! Great picks.. and pics!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
The J&J is fantastic -- I actually prefer small pipes, but the design of that one really stands out. One of their best yet, at least of what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.