The Pipes are Cool, But the Letter is Interesting.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey ya'll, you have to check this out. I had to read the letter through a magnifying glass but it was well worth it. Very interesting indeed. Makes me want these pipes just for the significance of it all.
http://www.briarbid.com/limited-edition-meerschaum-pipe-set-bekler,name,100536,auction_id,auction_details

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Great story - nice pipes. Not in my budget range, but definitely a unique pipe set.
I know Pres. Ford smoked a pipe - did Reagan as well?

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Wife gave me the go ahead to get them but...... What do ya'll think? I am greedy as hell when it comes to spending money on myself. The problem is that I do not believe in having a pipe that I won't smoke. It would almost be the crime of the Century to smoke these.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Wife gave me the go ahead to get them but...... What do ya'll think? I am greedy as hell when it comes to spending money on myself. The problem is that I do not believe in having a pipe that I won't smoke. It would almost be the crime of the Century to smoke these.
I say get 'em and enjoy them. What could be nicer than smoking these special pipes? IMHO, it would be a crime not to smoke them. :puffy:

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
In reading the description it also states that this is set number 9 and the first set was given to the President. So if I read this correctly it is a used set of pipe like ones given to a President and limited to 25 sets total. What's the big deal if they didn't actually belong to the President? Oh, they are a cool set.

Aug 1, 2012
Yeah, it would be marginally cooler if it actually had belonged to the pres but still amazing, pretty unique, and a great piece for conversation and hopefully for smoking as well.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I'd say get them. I get what you're saying about smoking all the pipes you own, I do the same thing. Just smoke this on special occasions. Like holidays or to celebrate something

Status
Not open for further replies.