PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
The more I don't want to smoke anything else. Just wish the room note was nicer, I like the smell but my girlfriend hates it.

Jul 15, 2011
Plenty of girls in the world.
Only one night cap.
Well said Spartan :wink:
Nightcap sort of embodies everything that I love about an English blend. Flavorful without being overbearing, sophisticated yet all the flavors are easy to pick out, packs well, burns well, no bite. Really, what more could you ask for?

knightmare

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
I completely agree with Pipe Novelist.
Nightcap is one of my favorite English blends. However, it became expensive blowing through tin after tin of the stuff, which ultimately lead me to discovering my favorite bulk English blend. I guess I can thank Nightcap for that discovery! (Haha).
But yeah, Nightcap is on my "Always Want" list as well as my "If you could only pick two" list.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
However, it became expensive blowing through tin after tin of the stuff, which ultimately lead me to discovering my favorite bulk English blend.
So what is your favorite bulk English blend knightmare?

knightmare

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
Yazamitaz:
Newminster No.306 English Orient

http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Newminster/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=102420

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Just checked out the link. Never heard of Turkish Samsun before but it definitely piques my curiosity. Great prices too. Any other tobacco blends you like?
I started a thread today on tobaccos and would be interested in what you like.
Thanks,
Dan :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ah, Nightcap. I gave some to a friend for his birthday. He was pleased, his wife not so much. It does

have a pretty elemental room note, no perky fragrances in there, just tobacco. Since I like to be outdoors,

I might take that one outside, so as not to seem annoying, but not apologetically. Night air goes well with

Nightcap, and night noises.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Nightcap is wonderful. Too bad they only sell it in tins. My bulk Blend that fills the same role Nightcap does is Engine # 99

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The old pipe smoker's adage - "The better it tastes, the worse it smells." :D
I haven't smoked any Nightcap in years; it disappeared from the shelves here, and I picked up other things. Dunhill lat blends were always sorta "meh" for me anyway. I do miss Durbar, however.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
"A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke."
url_zps8664d4d3.jpg

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Mike, the flavor is not exactly the same, I find it a little sweeter but the strength is about the same. It fills a similar role for me, it is a after dinner smoke that is rich, bold and smoky. It is heavy like Nightcap and I find it very satisfying. My palate is not refined enough to directly compare it to Nightcap but think if you like NC you will probably like it. The price is right too. I does have some burley and cavandish in it and NC does not. For reference other blends I enjoy are GLP Odyssey, Larry's blend and Black house. I have recently read that Pipeworks and Wilke #400 and #622 should be tried by NC lovers. They are very full English blends in the same vain.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
I like Nightcap and it is my favorite English blend. Comments on the room note have ranged from comparisons to bonfires to a burning barn.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
-Yazamitaz:
Newminster No.306 English Orient

http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Newminster/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=102420-
Yes Yazamitaz, I have Knightmare to thank for this one. :worship: He turned me onto it and I can't get enough. Got a few ponds of it with my shipment two weeks ago.
I too am a big fan of Nightcap!!!! Love this stuff. Getting more on my next order for sure.

Aug 14, 2012
JB: Enjoyed the picture. I have to confess I just ordered more Nightcap as part of my 4noggins order. When it gets here I will have 60 cans. Good for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.