Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

THE HUMIDOR, MONTEREY, CA

(15 posts)
  1. jttnk

jttnk

Login to Send PM

First visit to Monterey since I was a teenager. Always look for cool pipe shops on vacation. Lucky me found a stash of Esoterica tobacco. Never tried it because it’s never available. Very nice proprietor nice shop. Great smoking lounge which they graciously allowed me to hang out and have a smoke in. Visit if you’re in Monterey. PS: it is gorgeous here!!

Posted 2 months ago #
  2. jttnk

jttnk

Login to Send PM

Also, I’m sitting here now if you’re in the neighborhood. Probably fo another 12 hour tops.

Posted 2 months ago #
  3. redglow

redglow

Login to Send PM

Very nice. The B&M's can have some surprising mixtures on hand. Enjoy!

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

While you’re in Monterrey, take a quick hop to Carmel, one of the most beautiful small towns in America

Eric
    Posted 2 months ago #
  5. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

In Monterey that must involve some serious overhead. Family money? If it makes it on its own, that is some business plan.

Posted 2 months ago #
  6. alaskanpiper

alaskanpiper

Login to Send PM

I love Monterey. I had a sister that lived there for years. An excuse to visit her from Alaska was never hard to find. Especiallly in the winter, haha.

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us." ---Hank

"Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man..." --- The Dude
    Posted 2 months ago #
  7. jttnk

jttnk

Login to Send PM

Eric, heading there tomorrow on bikes. This area is stunning.

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. philobeddoe

Philo Beddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I spent a year there in language school when I was in the Army. I’ve been all over the lower 48 and Monterey is by far the most perfect place I’ve been, not too hot, not too cool, it’s juuuuust right.

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 2 months ago #
  9. tulsagentleman

tulsagentleman

Login to Send PM

The wife and I visited Monterey several times while our son was stationed there with the Navy. Nice place, reeks of Steinbeck and has a wonderful Aquarium. Well worth the visit.

Posted 2 months ago #
  10. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Damn. My stomping grounds. Just saw this now. Sorry to have missed your visit.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 2 months ago #
  11. jttnk

jttnk

Login to Send PM

JPM, sorry to
    Miss you. Enjoyed a nice bowl on Friday. Nice hang out indoors and just do something different. Home now in AZ. First bowl ever of Esoterica And so toned. It is amazing stuff. All the hype is real it really is a different experience. Better still first bowl in estate Comoy’s for Leonard’s pipe shop circa 1938-1940. Thanks Pipestud. It’s a wonderful piece.

Posted 2 months ago #
  12. jttnk

jttnk

Login to Send PM

Correction. Esoterica “ and so to bed”

Posted 2 months ago #
  13. ebnash

ebnash

Login to Send PM

Nice to see this. I lived about an hour north of Monterey and we are there several times a year. I’ve never visited The Humidor because zimjutst assumed it would be a tourist town tobacco shop. I will definitely make a point to get down to check it out. I usually have a few days a month free to myself and my wife has no interest in sitting in a smoking lounge, although she fully supports my pipe and cigar smoking.

My next free weekend day will be worth a trip, especially this time of year. I think I owe it to myself

Just checked out the website and it looks very nice. The membership, however, is a pretty steep buy in and monthly due.

Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...
    Posted 2 months ago #
  14. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I go there and buy tobacco, check out the estates, and enjoy the time there, but for myself, I wouldn't pay to stay.

Posted 2 months ago #
  15. jttnk

jttnk

Login to Send PM

I think if you buy a tin or anything hanging out for a smoke in the lounge is cool. I also believe there are two lounges. 1 is a high end members only club behind closed doors and the other is more for “come on by and hang out while you’re shopping”

Btw, I tried the Esoterica ASTB, WOW! it’s that good! Jarred for special occasions. Margate I’m waiting on for such an occasion.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Posted 2 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   yaddy306, tfdickson, jaytex969