PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Being a metalhead I had to find the truly "Metal" pipe. If I were to see Lemmy smoking a pipe or if the devil popped out of the ground to the accompaniment of brutal guitar riffing and thundering double-kick drumming, what would be the pipe of choice? Metal is tough, energetic and looking to stand out, but with a coolness all its own. I think the Savinelli Alligator pipe fits the description. It comes in classic black, a powerful red and even blue and green, bu tthe leathery, black gator skin appearance is all metal in my book!
5892.jpg

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
As a fellow metalhead, I disagree; I don't think that pipe is 'metal' at all.
EDIT: Maybe a black metal pipe, but metal itself has evolved from the need to stand out at any cost IMHO.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Metal or not, that's still one bad ass pipe. One that I've been eyeing for a while ever since I first noticed it on an online retailer site. Somehow I could picture that dangling from Slash's mouth while he's ripping through a solo.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
2000nosferatu.jpg
:twisted:
This is the 2000 Talbert Nosferatu. Now THAT'S metal! lml

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
saw this a few months ago on a makers site and save the pic because the thing is rad. i went looking for the site and maker's name but couldn't find it again. this guy is more horror movie but pretty metal too.

zombiepipe.jpg

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Jasongone, that pipe would look perfect on a Cannibal Corpse album cover or maybe a Grindcore band. I think it's cool how everyones' personalities and musical preferences bleed into their pipes. Just an idea of something like "what is Goth or metal in a pipe?" brings all sorts of stuff out of the woodwork!
Of course, when you say "Metal" to me, I think of bands like Maiden, Priest, Slayer, Venom and of course Motörhead. I'm kind of Old Skool like that and I don't listen to much metal produced after the 90s.
I liked the Black Alligator because it brought to mind when metal bands had long hair and wore black leather. Motörhead's "No Remorse" album even came with a leather album jacket. I personally like natural woodgrains, myself, but I could see kicking it back at the bar where I used to work, listening to the local metal acts and smoking that pipe. I think most of the metalheads there would have dug it. They may have been disappointed that I was smoking tobacco, though.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
LOL - Baron, you and I had the exact same thought on the Downie Zombie posted above, definitely makes me think of Corpse.
Bootleg; MacBaren Solent Mixture, tossed 50/50 with Sail Green work? I know it's missing a letter, but still...Solent Green ftw!

Status
Not open for further replies.