Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I want to thank the guys over at The Sutliff Tobacco Company. They have been sending the West Georgia Pipe Club sample packs every month for awhile and we have gotten to try many of their great blends. But today I got something special in the mail. They sent me 15 gift bags to give out to new people interested in our club and also to our current members. There were 10 tins of tobacco in a cool gift bag and a beautiful Sutliff coffee mug. 8 of the tins are various Sutliff blends such as Molto Dolce, Charlemagne, and Barbados Plantation. 2 are MacBaren Flakes, Dark Twist and Navy, both delicious. We will be having Christmas in October at the West Georgia Pipe Club this coming month. Thanks again Sutliff Private Stock for these generous gifts! Here is a pic of what we got.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Wow that's fantastic, we asked Brigham to come out to our Brigham event and contest and we managed to get one whole tin of their new branded tobaccos from them! 15 gift bags is an incredible gift.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
It's a long drive from Vermont to Georgia, but I'll gladly join your club. Just send my gift bag via USPS. :D
Congrats, to both your club and Mac Barren.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Wow! Nice to see a tobacco company (or rep) so engaged at the grass roots level of the consuming community. Congrats, and thanks for sharing.
@brdavidson - Don't feel too badly about the "sampling" offered by our Brigham Rep. We're still young, and we're growing membership steadily. When we're able to show a tobacco company the $$ by being active, consistent and engaged, we'll get more attention. At least, we'll get as much attention as we can given limited local marketing budgets for Canadian tobacco reps and the laws around marketing tobacco in Ontario allow.
-- Pat

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I agree with you about Sutliff. They really care about their customers and their products. Look at how they responded to me and the people on this forum about Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend. And they care enough about their Private Stock Blends to give free tins out to a few people like me to taste test and write honest reviews (although some of those people are not writing reviews like they are supposed to). I was told if I didn't like something, to say so in my reviews and to them, because they want constructive criticism so they can better gauge the quality of their products. This kind of customer consideration and care of their product is not often found in any service company of any size. And they are really nice people on top of everything else.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
+100 for Sutliff/Altadis. They have, for several years now, been very consistent in supporting our hobby in general and pipe clubs in particular. I gather that any pipe club that is part of UPCA gets a monthly CARE package - we certainly have at Morley's. It's amazing to me that Sutliff have introduced several dozen new blends when there is so much talk about the smallness of our market. They also have been quite generous in providing swag at the pipe shows I've been to.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.