Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I remember someone remarking about a Goth Pipe. Keep in mind, what I call Goth is in no way related to the HotTopic, mallgoth crowd you see skulking around these days, but if I were a Goth looking to stand out at the local bat cave, I'd be looking at something like this peterson.
Peterson%20Speciality%20Calabash%20Ebony%201.jpg

What to smoke? Definitely an aromatic, but cloves probably taste like poo in a pipe, so perhaps a nice Cavendish?
If I wanted something a little manlier, maybe a large Calabash with the meer insert.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It really is. Why shouldn't a Goth have some class? All the Gothers I knew tended to like Absinthe and Nat Shermans. There was that whole Percy Shelley/Lord Byron vibe that was always present.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
oh my. I think I'll have to submit this to the girlfriend for approval, since I mentioned this as my intent for when I get an uncle arthur. But that is indeed the type of thing I'd aim for. Classy, dark and more than a little resilient. Its also good because it avoids any cliches like a skull shaped bowl. And you're right, I despise the crappy hot topic "goths" with their overly baggy trousers and manky white boy dreads. I was aiming for something I can smoke while I've got Sisters of Mercy, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry or Christian Death playing.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Totally. Heads will turn if you're seen with this. I liked it because the fluid lines and balck/silver design made it perfect for the Goth scene, but anyone into pipes would respect its beauty and functionality in design. Anyone who saw it would say, "Damn. There's something special about that pipe."

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree with you and the others. That's a fine looking pipe and I would love to have one in my modest collection just to add a little class.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
I find it impossible to take a white guy with dreads seriously.

I find it impossible to take anybody with dreads seriously. :wink:
Creme Brulee by Altadis (sorry for the link, it wasn't listed at luxurytobaccoreview) is a fantastic blend for Goths. It has a very mellow, aromatic flavor that (while I'm sure some would debate this isn't exactly Goth) lends it's self very well to relaxing to The Cure or BauHuas. And the room note just happens to blend very nicely with the smell of cloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.