PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I didn't know there was a Batmobile before the one on TV in the 60's. I didn't get into comic books very much because the money was mostly spent on more important things. When I started earning my own money I bought music records.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
Oh, wow!
I thought I knew everything about the Batman, but I did not know about that one.
I thought about bidding, but my limit was a bit (a very LARGE bit) lower than the starting point.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Back in the day I'da rather been driving this:
L8pn3at.jpg

3GiO4rq.jpg

zEHWueV.jpg

y8NEMpQ.jpg

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
The car or its owner?
Asked a girl what she wanted to be

She said baby, "Can't you see

I wanna be famous, a star on the screen

But you can do something in between"

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
If memory serves, Ms. Elvira's ride as shown above is a 1958 Thunderbird which was reworked by Danny Koker and the crew of Count's Kustoms in Las Vegas, Nevada, and recounted on The History Channel's "Counting Cars" program.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Hunter,
Early in this interview Cassandra Peterson talks about that episode. She had owned the car and it had just been sitting for about 15 yrs. She said she was contacted about doing that show & using the car, & "they" (History Channel?) spent $45,000 in refurbishing the car.
Koker used to introduce late night horror movie on TV in LA dressed as Dracula when he was just a teenager. I have heard that he has an uncle who is a big shot with one of the studios or a production company or something. I don't know how accurate that info is.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vFbBLINN-9Y

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
She has said the real money came from licensing & merchandising products.

Ya gotta make it while you're hot!

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
The first Hollywood Batmobile, used in a 1943 15 chapter serial put out by Columbia Pictures, was a 1939 Cadillac convertible. No actual modifications were made to the car. When the top was up, it was the Batmobile, when the top was down, it was Bruce Wayne's car.
Completely useless info I realize but thought I would put it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.