PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I've been looking at the Nording Hunter Series for the past six months and wondered what you all thought of the Elk. I like the looks and style and assume it would be a great smoker as well. Anyone have one and your comments about it? This one is sold out but I've found another possible source.
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=PM-PNDHT-07-R

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If you like it then that is all that matters. I would ask the seller who ever it is to make sure it is drilled properly and it passes a fluffy pipe cleaner with ease. Nordings are a good quality mid range pipe. You should also make sure you get the exact dimensions so you can determine if it is the right size for you.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I need to search for the dimensions. I didn't see it in the ad.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
I have one of those coming. It should be here next week sometime. I'll give a report on how it smokes. I definitely liked the stem though mine is smooth. I'll post pics when it comes.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I guess it doesn't matter now. The place I was going to get one told me it was out of stock even though it shows on their website.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Yep Carey's was the one I was looking at. Theirs was $129.95 best I recall. I may check Joes...thanks for the links.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
What's the depth...about 1 5/8"?
I have one and love it. It's dedicated to Blackhouse. It's 6" long and 2" tall with a bowl inner diameter of 3/4".
Uh, oh...another Blackhouse whore. :D Hear that baron?

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
One of the first pipes I bought was a Nording Partially Resuscitated(sp?) and it's been a great little smoker.It's the one at the top.
_DEF4475.jpg

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I really like the hunter series by Nording. The overall shape of all of them are unique and beautiful. Check out Cigarinternational.com, they have a few there.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I really like the hunter series by Nording as well. But I must say colcott that winslow is a mighty fine pipe. My PAD has kicked in big time!

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Check out Cigarinternational.com, they have a few there.
Like Carey's they're out of stock. This must be a popular series and seem as illusive as a garden nymph.
bigboi, the Winslow is well made and is a fine smoker. It's called the Winslow Crown Viking and the engraving on the bottom of the shank is deep and I doubt will ever be eradicated by handling. At least not in my lifetime.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
The Hunter Series of Nording Pipes are amazing. I have a couple as well as 2 non-hunter series nordings as well. The Hunters are amazing pipes. I particularly like the Nording rustication style that is used on the elk.
Cigar International does have a good selection of Nording Hunter pipes, but you dont get to choose the exact one you want like on other sites such as smokingpipes.com. You choose the style such as: Elk, or Bison, or Hare, and then you choose Straight or Bent if those options are available. What it will actually look like is a surprise since you are ordering model and style, not a specific pipe.
Nording Elk Hunter Pipe at CI

Status
Not open for further replies.