PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Does anyone remember Anthony Hopkins in a film titled "the Edge?" In an early scene, the proprietor of an Alaskan cabin asks Hopkins if he knows what picture is on the other side of a paddle which has a hunting cat on one side; Hopkins correctly says a rabbit with a pipe . Why ? Because the rabbit is smarter than the panther . Just thought I'd pass that along in case you hadn't seen the film.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I thought this would make a great tattoo:
mrlogo_01.gif

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Is The Edge a album about U2? I'm the only living person on the planet who has never heard anything by this band...

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Sparrowhawk, "The Edge" is the stage name of U2's guitarist. To my knowledge he doesn't smoke a pipe, but the internet has observed him smoking a hookah one time:

edge.jpg

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
We always think intellectuals are pompous. Trait of American society.
Actually I would consider myself somewhat of an intellectual, and I'm not pompous. Sarcastic and rude sometimes, but never pompous. :nana:

I just thought his character,although very well played. Was just alittle over the top sometimes. I mean come on he is so smart that he can make a compass with a needle and leaf, but can't just look at the sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.