PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
So, in another thread, Cosmic suggested that Dunhill Royal Yacht is best smoked new from the tin.
Well. That was an eye-opener. Since my first tin in my early days of smoking, I have let the 'Yacht dry out to dispel some of that intense plum scent and flavor. But I am open-minded, at least initially, and do respond to new stimulus (high openness personality -- it's a personal failing).
Thus this morning found me engaged in one of my favorite activities, namely popping open a new tin of Royal Yacht. I lightly stuffed one of my favorite kicker basket briars and puffed.
Delicious. The plum is not as intrusive as I thought, and in fact turns into a wine or brandy flavor as it disappears. The Virginias boom out richly, with an undertone of sweetness and that fresh bread taste that just emanates from the leaf, subtly and as a background note that comes to the forefront of consciousness as one smokes.
This may be the new way I smoke this tobacco. Thanks, Cosmic, and for those of you who have never enjoyed a day tour on the 'Yacht, consider giving it a shot!

Thanks, but I'd hate for a method to be named after me that just involves opening the tin and putting it in your pipe, ha ha. Wait, maybe I can trademark it, and make a fortune in royalties everytime someone smokes, ha ha.
Yeh, I think that it would be my counter method for how I usually smoke, which is to dry out the tobacco.
But, yes, to me it is very similar to University Flake and Wallace Flake in flavor. Very plummy. Glad you liked it, although, I really didn't do anything.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Royal Yacht is very polarizing, you either love it or hate it..I'm in the latter of the two. I'm glad there are people that like it.. I wish I could.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I tried this for the first time last week, and I have been smoking it almost exclusively since. It's a VA that smokes like a Burley, which is why I fancy it.
I used the Cosmic Method as well... mainly because I couldn't wait to try it... plus I was unaware of the Cosmic Method at the time, otherwise I would have put some more ceremony into the process.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It's a VA that smokes like a Burley
Great summary. That says about all that most need to know.
I'd hate for a method to be named after me that just involves opening the tin and putting it in your pipe
It was a suggestion contrary to conventional wisdom, including my interpretation, and for that it deserves credit going to where credit is due.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I like the Yacht best straight out of the can as well. I didn't know of "The Cosmic Method" but will be happy to begin sending royalty dividends to Sir Cosmic. :laughat: Its in the mail

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
The cosmic twist is nice, I posted something about it not long ago. Now that I think about it, Cosmic may have suggested it on a thread somewhere. If I had known I would have called the thread Cosmic Twist or something. I was still a newbie and didn't know very many of you at all. I'm going to dig that thread up amd see if I can right a wrong.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
I have more royal yacht in my cellar then any other tobacco. It was the first tobacco I smoked out of a tin and I have loved it ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.