PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
So after a long wait my pouch of Condor finally arrived yesterday along with my two bantam falcon bowls from the lads across the pond at mysmokingshop. Ok...... first impressions...... I opened the pouch to transfer the tobacco to a jar and the first thing that hit me was the smell..... I was very confused!!! I have a lot of virginia tobaccos but the only thing I could compare this to was it smelled just like a freshly opened tin of Copenhagen!!! I took the jar next door to a co-worker and told him to smell my new tobacco and his immediate response was "You can smoke Cope?!?!". I was a little unnerved but fortunately I'm a Copenhagen fan so I figured what the hell, at worst I'll be smoking Cope flavor tobacco, so I loaded a bowl up for the drive home. It was a little moist but not to bad and loaded it up in my trusty Yello-Bole Pug and fired it up. Off the bat I had good smoke and a nice taste, no Copenhagen, and found it to be quite tasty without being overwhelming. Not the regular grassy taste I normally find in my red cake or Capstan but still very good. Through the bowl I had very little trouble keeping it lit, it smoked very cool with zero bite, and finished off in a fine grey ash.

Condor didn't let me down and was exactly what the fellas all speak of. A good and tasty smoke and could easily be an all day smoke and while appreciate the deep love other have of this blend for me it was just an enjoyable smoke. I won't be ordering more as this 50g pouch cost me about $45 once all the fees and such were settled I would highly recommend this to anyone traveling across the pond and wondering what to smoke. Grab a pouch, kick back, and enjoy the Condor experience.

EDE7A6C1-4BD4-465F-856C-E5448DC10067_zps803tbszc.jpg

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
I have yet to try it! I will possibly be going to Scotland in the fall and will have to stock up on it with some fine Scotch as well.

Jul 15, 2011
Really looking forward to trying Condor some day. I've heard that it packs a hell of a nicotine wallop, and I'm all about nicotine, so this stuff sounds right up my alley. Wish it wasn't so damn hard to find.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I've been trying to convince myself it wasn't all that great... it's not working. I've never been a fan of our countries own pouch blends but almost all the British ones I've tried have been better than expected and Condor is downright good. I've got three pouches of the flake on the way but it's not the cheapest thing to get. If you read of a bearded Alaskan caught trying to swim the English Channel pulling a dry bag stuffed with Condor, please send bail money and the name of a reputable barrister.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
That is szyslak, no relation.
Incidentally, I finished the last of my long cut pouch about a month ago. It is a fine smoke. To me it seems related to old dark fired.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
God smokes Condor and you lot cannot get any from the main Condor pusher here, namely me due to the actions of a horrible little creep who never paid for his tobacco called clarkj734. Now if you were to collectively beat him to death with a wet fish and turn his house into a brothel I might relent and start supplying 50g pouches at twenty odd dollars a pop again and make everyone happy! :nana:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Now if you were to collectively beat him to death with a wet fish and turn his house into a brothel I might relent and start supplying
I'm pretty sure Haris is coordinating the meeting this weekend! But do we have to use fish? They tend to be heavy and a little sloppy for this kind of work.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Condor is the King of Pipe Tobaccos. I have smoked it exclusively for nearly 7 years, and after 30 years of Pipe smoking I have found the holy Grail.
Cheers,--Eric

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Blueeyedogre that pouch of tobacco reminds me of someone who talks loudly to a blind person.

It appears they do not believe smokers have good eyesight. :roll:

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
LOL, condorlover!
I'm a pacifist at heart so I'll pass on the physical violence but, if you do ever decide to re-start distribution, and if you're set up to take PayPal, I'll gladly pay you twenty dollars before you ship. For that matter, I'll mail you a twenty dollar bill, if that's easier.
But, I'm definitely NOT pressuring you to re-start! I have plenty to smoke, but I do plan to try Condor at some point. Particularly in my NEW MEERSCHAUM (Yay, me!).

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I have thought about getting some also. Now while the cost is quite high, I've spent more on other things. I hesitate because I have my virus software from a German company and the last time I renewed and used my CC, less then 4 hours latter I spent $5000.00 for a new German car engine and some parts and the worse part was it was delivered to an address in Germany and I live in the US.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
It was about $45-50 total with exchange and such for a 50gm pouch.

Condorlover...... God may smoke condor but the Pope is a Capstan man!!! Lol

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
blueeyedogre, Where are you located? I've bought from Mr Snuff several times. 5-50g pouches with shipping runs about $100.00 to the States.. approx $20.00/50g pouch

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I'm in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. It's the place on the map above the USA that is easy to draw and hard to spell.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Here we are outside clarkj734's house.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k

Status
Not open for further replies.