Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Fred Brown had to put on his boots for this one ... if you know what I mean -= he took one for the team by reading a big article filled with B.S, so you don't have to. He also has an interesting take on young and old pipe smokers. Let us know what you think?
Check it out -

The Codger Effect

kitobi

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
bah, this is what happens when people are paid by companies to tell us what to think.
100% of all cancer companies are so blinkered in their view of the world that everything is harmful
there is no moderation in their books and everything is black and white.
the truth is oxygen itself is a carcinogen, and 100% of all people with cancer breathe air, so in their thinking air is bad for you and must be stopped instantly.
a more rational approach really needs to be developed where people weigh the odds of harm versus risk, if its really harmful then yeah your dumb to continue, but if the risk is miniscule then go ahead and just enjoy
now I'm upset I'm off for a smoke to calm down :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Moderation is good. I'll go that far. Living in an industrialized, urban society, eating lots of processed foods, with re-circulated water and air takes a toll. Balance is a key factor. From Forums members -- which is not a scientific sample -- I would say that many pipe smokers attain longevity, and some of those who have life-threatening chronic illnesses survive them for extended periods of time. It's not a study, but it's an observation. Good health to all.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Now, that was as seamless as anyone could combine those ideas! From cancer studies by nitwits to pacing, followed by a segue into math and science ending with a trip to the Smithsonian looking at Einstein's pipe.
Well done sir!! :clap:

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
As I posted here A little over 4 months ago I had a shoulder replaced.Before they would do that I had to have some tests to see if a 72 year could could withstand the almost 3 hour surgery.A breathing test which included oxygen level.Lung xray.Heart exam,and blood work.No problems found and the doc said I did real well during the surgery.My point here is after a complete exam they found no problems in any way related to pipe smoking.I started smoking a pipe 44 years ago.I'm not sure how I fit into their statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.