PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
I received a call today. A call I hoped to never hear. My spotter passed away last night. He was in a car accident. That makes me the last surviving member of my unit. I can only compare it to the loss of a brother. I feel as though I'm numb. Unable to hurt. I don't know how to feel. Tonight I will pack my bags to leave for his funeral. Once more I will put on my dress uniform, my tan beret, polish my boots, and lay a man to rest that save my life more than once.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
This sends chills all over. I am very sorry about your loss. Hang in there, I know you will because you're strong and you have an honest heart. Hang in there brother.

bronxbill

Lurker
Dec 10, 2012
I know how you feel, I am the last surviving member of my unit from Viet Nam. You never forget the brothers you served with.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I'm very sorry for your loss. I thank you and all your comrades for all you have done to keep our lives that we have.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Sorry for your loss Irish. It's never a good time to say goodbye to someone but this time of year makes it that much harder. Thank you to both of you for your service.
Rick

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm sorry to hear your tragic news.

Irish you are a strong man, and only a few could handle your life.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, with him, and his family my friend.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. You are both in my thoughts and prayers and the bowl in my new Dublin is in both of your honor.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Irish. You and those you served with are in my prayers. God Bless you and thank you for your service.
:puffpipe:

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that my brother. Stay strong. You are in my thoughts. We love you very much.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
The soldier stood and faced his God, which must always come to pass. He hoped his shoes were shining just as brightly as his brass.
"Step forward now, you soldier, How shall I deal with you? Have you always turned the other cheek? To My Church have you been true?"
The soldier squared his shoulders and said, "No, Lord, I guess I ain't Because those of us who carry guns Can't always be a saint."
"I've had to work most Sundays And at times my talk was rough, And sometimes I've been violent, Because the streets are awfully tough."
"But, I never took a penny That wasn't mine to keep... Though I worked a lot of overtime When the bills just got too steep."
"And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times, I shook with fear, And sometimes, God forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears."
"I know I don't deserve a place Among most people here, as They never wanted me around Except to calm their fears."
"If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand, I never expected or had too much, So if you don't, I'll understand."
There was a silence all around the throne Where the saints had often trod As the soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God,
"Step forward now you soldier, You've borne your burdens well, Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets, You've done your time in Hell."
Anonymous

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
250362_203674689762694_1029024012_n_zpsf0cce89f.jpg

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Sorry for your loss, brother! I'll join the rest in sending my smoke to the heavens in honor of you and your fallen comerade.

Status
Not open for further replies.